Approval for any credit card will depend on your status. The APR shown represents the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
Compare Coutts & Co credit cards and alternative cards for January 2020
As the private bank of the Queen, Coutts & Co is synonymous with luxury and privilege. Its credit cards are available only to existing customers. Benefits include travel insurance, airport lounge access and a 24/7 concierge service which can organise every aspect of your life – from booking flights and concerts to sourcing cleaners and private tutors.
Founded in 1692, Coutts & Co is the private banking division of the Royal Bank of Scotland. Available only to existing banking customers who have a high monthly spend, its prestigious “Silk” credit card is one of the most sought-after cards in the world.
Coutts & Co uses the Mastercard network, meaning its credit cards are accepted in more than 35 million locations worldwide.
The Coutts & Co credit card range
What types of credit card does Coutts & Co offer?
With its wealthy and discerning banking customers in mind, Coutts & Co offers one set of exclusive benefits with its cards. It offers two types of card.
With any charge card, the cardholder must clear the full balance each billing cycle. Charge cards typically come with a monthly or annual fee, but in return you can usually expect rewards and/or an enhanced service.
Premium cards offer cardholders perks such as airport lounge access, travel insurance, rewards and more. As with many providers, there’s a monthly or annual fee. With Coutts & Co, you have to be an existing customer and for that, you’ll need to have a high income.
What benefits can I get with a Coutts & Co credit card?
- Concierge service. Coutts & Co provides a dedicated team offering expert help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team speaks over 20 languages and can assist with every aspect of travel from flight information, tickets, accommodation and car hire to emergency currency, lost passports, messaging and interpretation services. The Coutts Concierge team can even help with social and leisure arrangements, from dinner reservations to chartering a yacht and booking tickets for sporting, theatrical and art events. It can also take care of domestic duties including sourcing cleaners, gardeners and nannies and recommending interior designers and estate agents.
- Travel rewards. Coutts & Co has partnered with high-end US retailers including Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue to provide Coutts Travel Rewards. When you shop at a participating store, you will automatically receive a cash reward paid onto your card.
- Airport lounge access. Through LoungeKey, Silk cardholders can access over 700 VIP lounges in over 300 major airports worldwide. You simply need to show your Silk card and mention LoungeKey. You will, however, be asked to pay a small flat fee per person for yourself and any guests you bring into the lounge with you.
- Rewards programme. Coutts & Co rewards loyalty by offering a choice of exclusive gifts, from a range of luxury food and wine to private tours, depending on how much you spend on your card.
- Multiple cardholders. You may request additional cards for your account with the added flexibility of being able to determine the level of privileges and benefits for each cardholder. Clients can allocate an individual spending limit for each cardholder within their account. The amount of spend for each cardholder is itemised on a single, monthly statement which is sent to the primary cardholder.
Compare Coutts alternativesIf (as is the case for most of us) a Coutts credit card is out of your reach right now, there are plenty of cards like Coutts credit cards on the market to make you feel like a VIP. American Express offers an impressive selection of cards catering to all sorts of consumers, all with rewards attached – from lounge access to hotel upgrades.
Applying for a Coutts & Co credit card
To be eligible for a Coutts & Co credit card, you must already be a private banking customer. To apply, simply call the 24/7 helpline to speak to a personal advisor.
To be eligible for a Coutts & Co credit card, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be mainly resident in the UK.
- Be an existing Coutts & Co private banking customer.
Frequently-asked questions about Coutts credit cards
Read more on this topic
TSB Advance Mastercard review 2020 TSB's entry into the low-APR credit card fray has one major catch: no ongoing interest-free grace period.
Find credit cards you can get approved for – with no effect on your credit score Let Finder check your chances of getting approved for a range of popular UK credit cards.
Compare Amazon credit cards for January 2020 See how Amazon credit cards compare and how you can earn Amazon rewards points today.
What to do if you’ve received a "persistent debt" letter or your card has been suspended If you have a credit card, persistent debt can have serious consequences for your finances. Here's what it means and how you can fix it.
Virgin Money Month Purchases Credit Card review 2020 Spread the cost of an upcoming expenditure without paying a penny in interest with this 0% deal from Virgin Money.
Billhop review Earn more reward points and get more time to pay your bills with Billhop, a service that lets you pay by credit card even when you (theoretically) can't.
Black credit cards Black credit cards are the cream of the credit card crop. See how they work and if you're eligible to get one.
American Express withdraws two credit cards from the market You can't apply for the Amex Rewards Purchases or for the Amex Rewards Low Rate credit cards anymore but there are alternatives.
Methodology for rating credit cards Get all the details on how we rate the credit cards we review. We look at costs, fees, features and how well a card performs compared to the rest of the market.
Does Aldi accept credit cards? See which credit cards you can use when shopping at Aldi, as well as your other payment options.