Our guide explains whether CoverForYou has the right travel insurance for your trip.
Whether you’re going to the Costa del Sol for a week-long holiday or you’re going backpacking around the world, you will need an insurance policy that can keep you and your possessions protected.
CoverForYou has several different types of travel insurance policies – all with different levels of coverage.
Read on to find out more about the insurance packages they offer, and whether they’re what you need for your trip abroad.
Compare cheap travel insurance
What is CoverForYou?
CoverForYou is an online insurance specialist that was founded back in 2011 by former military man Neil Wright. Since then, it has sold over 4 million policies and says its aim is to provide high-quality insurance products for competitive prices.
What are my cover options with CoverForYou?
CoverForYou has several different options when it comes to travel insurance cover. We list them below along with a selection of their key features.
Hitting the beach or a city this summer? Single-trip cover is for anyone who is only planning on one holiday this year. Here’s what you will get with CoverForYou:
- Policy is not available to anyone aged over 76.
- You can get up to a maximum of 365 days for a trip.
- You are covered for 100 sporting activities as standard, although you will have to take out a specialist policy for winter sports or golf.
- Offers coverage to destinations around the world, but some continents are more expensive, and it won’t cover you for going to countries it deems too risky. See your handbook for more.
- Get up to £10m emergency medical cover in case you experience an injury while away.
- Get access to a 24/7 emergency medical helpline.
- The policy is not available to anyone aged 76 or over.
- You can travel as many times as you like, but each trip must start and end in the UK.
- Get cover for up to 183 days abroad.
- You can spend up to 62 consecutive days away for each trip with Premier Cover.
- With Economy Cover, you get 31 days per trip and with Standard cover you get 45.
- Get cover for up to £15 million in medical expenses.
- Get access to a 24/7 medical emergency helpline.
- It’s not available to anyone aged 76 or over.
- You’ll have to take out additional coverage if you’re planning on doing extreme activities like water rafting and sky diving.
- The maximum coverage time is 18 months.
- With gold cover, you can return home once for 14 days. With platinum cover, you can return home twice for up to 31 days. With silver cover, anyone who returns home will see their coverage end.
- Get up to £15m emergency medical cover.
A golfing holiday can be a great way to recharge your batteries. Many people take out specialist golf cover, so they can concentrate on the green and leave the stress behind. CoverForYou offers a package for keen golfers. Here are its key features:
- Provides cover for your clubs, bags, shoes and non-motorised trolley should they be damaged or stolen.
- Get protection if you can’t play because of injury, illness or bad weather.
- Get cover against injury in case you get hit by a ball gone awry as well as personal liability cover in case yours hits someone else!
- Get a policy for trips to Europe, Australia, Asia or elsewhere in the world. However, there are exceptions where CoverForYou deems certain countries too risky.
Are you heading off on a luxury cruise? CoverForYou cruise cover will help you weather stormy seas and potentially save you a bucket load of cash. Cruise holidays come with certain risks, so adding extra cover might be wise. CoverForYou’s policy includes the following features:
- CoverForYou won’t cover anyone aged 76 or over.
- It pays to replace personal items if your baggage is lost.
- You can access your important policy documents online.
- It protects you if an airline goes bankrupt, and you can’t make your cruise.
- It protects you for over 100 different types of sport, although you’ll need to check your handbook to make sure which ones are covered.
- It offers compensation should you miss your cruise due to connecting transport breaking down or being delayed.
Skiing and other winter sports certainly come with risk, but there’s a reason people can’t resist the slopes. With the right travel insurance policy, you can get your thrills without having to worry about paying huge amounts should you have a serious accident. We look at the key features of CoverForYou’s winter sports insurance below, which you will have to take out as an additional policy:
- Get cover for any injuries and for your equipment if it gets stolen or damaged.
- Get compensation should the piste be closed due to bad weather.
- Get cover for sports including snowboarding or ice skating.
- Get up to £15 million for emergency medical service and 24/4 medical assistance.
Getting travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions can be a frustrating process; however, CoverForYou does offer medical travel insurance that will protect people who have continuing health issues. Features of their medical insurance include the following:
- Cover for your particular condition is subject to approval after a screening.
- Get payment for medical expenses if you become ill while you’re away.
- Get cover for repatriation if you need to go home for treatment.
Keep you and your family under one hassle-free policy with CoverForYou’s Family Travel Insurance Plan. Its features include the following:
- Get cover for up to 9 children, stepchildren or foster children under the age of 18.
- The policy can cover up to 2 adults.
- Get up to £15m in emergency medical expenses should a parent or child need treatment abroad.
- Get up to £7,500 in cancellation cover should an unforeseen circumstance mean you can’t travel.
- Have protection for over 100 sports, although more extreme or risky activities won’t be covered.
- Get access to a 24/7 emergency medical call helpline.
- Get all the usually protection for lost or damaged baggage, airline failure as well as accident and liability cover.
What level of cover can I get?
With CoverForYou, you can get three levels of protection. Silver is the most basic level of cover you can get, gold is the middle tier and platinum is the highest level of coverage available.
Take a look at the policy details below:
|Emergency medical treatment||£15,000,000||£15,000,000||£15,000,000|
|Loss of baggage||£1,000||£2,000||£3,000|
|Passport and travel documents||£100||£150||£250|
|Cancellation of trip after 12-hour delay||£2,000||£5,000||£7,500|
|Personal liability per policy||£1,000,000||£1,500,000||£2,000,000|
|Legal protection per policy||£5,000||£10,000||£20,000|
|End supplier failure||–||–||£2,500|
|Winter sports cover||Optional||Optional||Optional|
How much is my excess?
An excess is the amount you are expected to pay out of your own pocket for a claim before the insurer starts paying for it.
The size of your excess will vary and depends on the type of claim you’re making. For a full list of excess costs, check your policy handbook so you know how much you will have to cough up for a claim.
What’s the claims process for CoverForYou?
For most claims, including cancellations or lost luggage, you can call CoverForYou on 0203 137 8981 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday to make a claim. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you need emergency medical help, then you need to call the Medical Emergency Assistance Company, CEGA Assistance, on +44 (0)1473 921 258.
You will need the following information to hand when you get in touch:
Name and address
Your holiday phone number
Your policy number
The name, address and contract details of your GP
Should you need to make a claim for gadget cover then you should call 0330 880 1756 or email email@example.com.
If there’s been an airline failure or an end supply failure, then dial up the IPP on 0345 266 1872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CoverForYou pros and cons
- See your policy documents online
- A wide variety of cover is offered
- You can add other people to your own policy
- Pays out large amounts for medical bills
- Claims service is not open 24/7
- Policies exclude people over 75