Citroen C3 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Citroen C3 and get a quote.
Citroen C3 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Car insurance group ratings are dependant on a multitude of factors such as vehicle performance, safety, the price of parts and the cost of repair. Citroen C3 models range from insurance groups 5 to 20, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £688 for cover on a Citroen C3 1.4i VTR+ 5d, or around £812 for a Citroen C3 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Flair Start+Stop 5d.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Citroen C3 model in the table below.
Average Citroen C3 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Citroen C3, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Citroen C3 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £56.79, or an annual sum of £626.08.
Citroen C3 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Citroen C3 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel 5d.
- Expensive: £855 (London SE1)
- Average: £721 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £524 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Citroen C3 insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, other key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium cost include:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £700 for the 1-litre Citroen C3 PureTech VT 5d, but could pay around £791 for the 1.6 litre Citroen C3 BlueHDi 75 Edition 5d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £932 for insurance for a Citroen C3 1.6 e-HDi Airdream Exclusive 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £781.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,505 for the Citroen C3 1.2 Puretech 68 Feel 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £788.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Citroen C3 car insurance?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it to leave you out of pocket. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your price range. There are a few tricks you can try in order to save on your car insurance costs, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). If you’re more economical about using your car and walking and taking public transport when possible, this can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be a lot of money to pay out in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £55.40 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t rush into accepting your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Mazda CX 3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mazda CX 3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Kadjar insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Kadjar falls under and how much it costs to insure.
BMW M3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the BMW M3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Skoda Karoq insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Karoq falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Scirocco insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Scirocco falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Vauxhall Agila insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Agila falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Getz insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Getz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert