Lamborghinis are often cited as the height of indulgence in car form. If you’re looking to join the ranks of celebrities who drive these luxury Italian sports cars, read on to see how much it could cost to insure one.
What's in this guide?
- How much is insurance on a Lamborghini??
- Companies that provide cover for Lamborghinis
- Find your Lamborghini model
- How a Lamborghini affects insurance costs
- Are there any standout models?
- Lamborghini car facts
- Pros and cons of a Lamborghini
- Compare Lamborghini competitors
- Bottom line
- Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
- Frequently asked questions about Lamborghini
How much is insurance on a Lamborghini??
A Lamborghini will of course set you back a small fortune, and covering it will be much the same story.
The insurance cost for a Lamborghini varies greatly depending on the model you select and your own circumstances. But we ran quotes using a specific profile in order to insure a Lamborghini Huracan, the best-selling model from the luxury marque in 2017, and found the average cost to be £7,850 a year or £600 a month. This is for fully comprehensive cover and no optional extras. Your actual cost could be more or less depending on the Lamborghini model you are purchasing, your driving record, the number of miles you drive in a year and the likelihood of it being stolen, among other factors.
Some of the other variables that affect the price of insurance include your age and your location, as well as the year, model and trim package of your Lamborghini.
A Lamborghini’s high price tag, as well as its appeal to thieves, tends to result in extremely pricey car insurance.
How a Lamborghini affects insurance costs
Lamborghinis are not only expensive to purchase, they are also expensive to insure. Their big price tag means they are also costly to repair or replace, which increases the cost of insurance. And because this is such a high-end car, Lamborghini owners will likely opt for more than just third party cover, which could also mean an increase to insurance costs.
The fact that it’s a sports car can also hikes insurance costs — insurance companies make certain assumptions about the driving habits of sports car owners, based on industry data. It won’t help that criminals are more likely to take a shine to your Lamborghini, either.
Are there any standout models?
Some might argue that any Lamborghini model is a standout model. But the Few-Off models are the most exclusive, limited editions, only available to a select number of clients. Lamborghini states that “Few-Off models express the highest Lamborghini spirit in every respect.” The current lineup of Few-Off models includes the Centenario Roadster, the Centenario and the Veneno Roadster.
Lamborghini car facts
- Lamborghinis are one of the most expensive vehicles to insure and you’re likely to need more than third party cover – higher levels of cover are third party fire and theft and comprehensive cover.
- The price to insure your Lamborghini will vary greatly depending on the level of cover you want in your policy.
- Not every insurance company offers speciality car insurance. Check out our list for high-end car insurance.
Pros and cons of a Lamborghini
- Luxury sports car
- Costly to repair and replace
- High price tag, which is likely to result in higher premiums
- Speciality car insurance may required
- Some models may be more likely to be targeted by criminals
A Lamborghini is expensive to insure, but that’s no reason to overpay for your insurance. Shop around to find the best deal.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Lamborghini
Ask an Expert