Car insurance group 49
Find out the cars available in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
What is insurance group 49?
Insurance group 49 cars are among the most expensive cars to insure.
With insurance groups ranging from 1-50, vehicles in group 49 will cost you a lot to insure. The cars that fall into this group usually have a high market value, large powerful engines and parts that are expensive to replace.
However, there are also a number of other factors that insurers take into account, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 49
Here are some of the more popular cars in insurance group 49. These are among the most expensive vehicles to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|49||Audi E-Tron SUV||This large 4-door SUV is Audi’s first Battery Electric Vehicle. Its safety features include speed assistance technology, AEB interurban system and a lane assist system.|
|49||Audi A7 Sportback||This executive saloon won the 2019 World Luxury Car at the World Car Awards. It can be equipped with a powerful 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre V6 engine.|
|49||BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe||This stylish sedan is powered by a strong 4.4-litre V8 engine. Highlights include sport exhaust and its adaptive sport suspension.|
|49||BMW Alpina B3||The BMW Alpina is an extreme powerhouse of a wagon that is powered by a straight-six 3-litre engine.|
|49||Infiniti FX||This crossover boasts safety including a speed assistance system and side head airbags on all sides. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|49||Jaguar I-Pace SUV||The Jaguar I-pace is a classy, mid-size electric SUV that is known for its calm and serene driving experience. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|49||Lexus LS Saloon||This stylish, full-sized, 4-door saloon can be powered by a strong 3.4-litre V6 engine. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, and automatic high-beam headlights.|
|49||Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo||This sharp and classy wagon can either be powered by a 2.9-litre V6 engine or a 4.0-litre V8 engine.|
Cars in group 49 and the average cost of insurance by driver’s age
With the table below, you can find your chosen model of car and estimate how much it will cost to insure, based on your age.
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. Cars with larger more powerful engines are perceived as a higher risk by insurers. They are statistically more likely to get in an accident, plus the engines cost more to repair or replace.
- Driver location. Insurers will consider the likelihood of you making a claim, based on your location. If you live in an area where a lot of claims are made, this will result in a higher premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,294 for insurance for a BMW X6 xDrive30d MHT Sport Step Auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,194.
- Driver age. Your age plays a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. The youngest drivers have to pay more, because they are statistically more likely to make a claim. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,252 for the Lexus LS 500h Luxury AWD auto 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,248.
Here are some of the other factors that can also impact the price of your premium.
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving history, including your no-claim discount
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- The likelihood of your car being stolen
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group will save you a lot of money on your car insurance.
Thankfully, there are other things you can do to decrease your premium. We’ve listed them below.
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but making a claim or having convictions on your record will make your premium skyrocket.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive in your car. That’s because when you reduce your annual mileage, insurers perceive you as less of a risk.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you avoid having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be. Again, this is because you’ll be perceived as less of a risk of making a claim.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options. You’ll be surprised at how much you could save by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Saab 9-3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Saab 9-3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Mitsubishi ASX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mitsubishi ASX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Porsche Cayman insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Porsche Cayman falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Porsche 911 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Porsche 911 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Mazda 5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mazda 5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Jeep Cherokee insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jeep Cherokee falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Soul insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Soul falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Venga insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Venga falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Mercedes-Benz B-Class insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mercedes-Benz B-Class falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Tesla Model 3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Tesla Model 3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert