Car insurance group 48
Find out the list of cars available in insurance group 48 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What's in this guide?
- What is insurance group 48?
- Car makes and models in insurance group 48
- Cars in group 48 and the average cost of insurance by driver's age
- Why are cars in group 48 more expensive to insure?
- What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
- How can I save on my car insurance premium?
- Frequently asked questions
What is insurance group 48?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). This helps insurers to work out the cost of car insurance premiums. Insurance group 48 cars are therefore among the most costly cars to insure.
In this guide, you’ll learn about the factors used to place cars in certain insurance groups, and the other personal circumstances that insurers use to price your car insurance premium.
Car makes and models in insurance group 48
Here is a list of popular cars in insurance group 48. These are likely to fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premium.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|48||Audi A6 Allroad||The Audi A6 Allroad is a sharp and fast wagon that can be powered by a 3-litre V6 engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|48||BMW 7 Series||The BMW 7 Series is a large luxury sedan that can be powered by three different types of engine.|
|48||Infiniti FX||The safety features on this luxury crossover include automated speed assistance and side head airbags on all sides. It received a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|48||Jaguar F-Type||The Jaguar F-Type is equipped with a powerful engine capable of going from 0-100 mph in 3.7 seconds. It has a maximum speed of 300 kph.|
|48||Lexus RC F||This luxury 2-door coupe boasts a powerful 5.0-litre V8 engine. It gives a comfortable ride, along with a remarkable unique interior design.|
|48||Lotus Elise||The Lotus Elise is the sports car that has it all. It won the prestigious Readers’ Champion award at the Autocar Awards 2019.|
|48||Mercedes GLE SUV||The Mercedes GLE is a large and high-tech SUV that features three powertrain options.|
|48||Tesla Model 3||This 4-door electric family car provides quick acceleration and fast charging. It is packed with safety features and received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
Cars in group 48 and the average cost of insurance by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for your chosen model of car, and work out how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 48 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 48 are usually defined by the following characteristics.
- High market value
- Expensive to source parts and make repairs
- Larger engine size
- Longer repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The larger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance.
- Driver location. Insurers consider the likelihood of your car being stolen or involved in an accident, based on your location. This will have an impact on your premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,287 for insurance for an Audi E-Tron S Line (Comfort and Sound Pack) 50 quattro auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,170.
- Driver age. Your age will play a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. This is based on the likelihood of someone your age making a claim. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,239 for the Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Supercharged Premium Luxury 4d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,216.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history, including no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group will help to reduce your car insurance premium.
Here are some other things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
- Drive safely. Making a claim or having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive per year. This makes you less of a risk in the eyes of an insurer.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you avoid paying interest on your monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be. Once again, this makes you less of a risk in the eyes of an insurer.
- Compare your options. When it’s time for renewal, make sure to shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. You’ll usually save a lot by switching to a different provider each year.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Renault Zoe insurance group and cost
Find out the the average cost of car insurance for various different Renault Zoe models.
Suzuki Vitara insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Vitara falls under and the average cost of car insurance.
Toyota Avensis insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Avensis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo XC90 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo XC90 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Renault Scenic insurance group
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Renault Scenic based on the specific model version.
Ford Fusion insurance group and cost
Find out how much it costs to insure a Ford Fusion based on the model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Volvo XC60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo XC60 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Nissan 350z insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure your Nissan 350Z based on the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan Almera insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Nissan Almera based on your age and location.
Peugeot 308 insurance group and cost
Find out how much it costs to insure a Peugeot 308 based on the driver’s age and their location.
Ask an Expert