Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are available in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
What is insurance group 45?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group that helps insurers work out the cost of your car insurance premiums.
In this guide, we’ll explore the factors used to place a vehicle in an insurance group plus the other circumstances that insurers consider when offering you a car insurance quote.
Car makes and models in insurance group 45
There are a number of popular cars in insurance group 45. The vehicles in the table below will all fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|45||Audi A8 Saloon||The Audi A8 Saloon wears a stylish and luxurious exterior and can either be powered by a 3-litre V6 or a 4-litre V8 engine.|
|45||BMW 4 Series Coupe||The BMW 4 Series is a two-door coupe that offers a sharp and easy drive, and is powered by either a strong 2-litre 4-cylinder engine or a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine.|
|45||Ford Mustang Convertible||This stylish sports car can be powered by an excellent ten-speed auto. Its powerful engine is capable of going 0-60mph in just 5.6 seconds.|
|45||Mercedes Benz GLE SUC||This large off-road, five-door SUV is powered by a 2-litre 4-cylinder engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|45||Lexus RC||This luxury, 2-door coupe boasts a super-strong 5.0-litre V8. It also gives a very comfortable ride along with a remarkable interior design.|
|45||Porsche Cayenne||The Porsche Cayenne is a tech-savvy car that drives extremely well and is available with four different types of engines.|
|45||Nissan 370Z Coupe||The Nissan 370Z is a 2-door, old-school type of coupe that is powered by a 3.7-litre V6 engine. The coupe also offers the choice of equipping it with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic.|
|45||Volvo XC90||The Volvo XC90 is a mid-sized crossover SUV that is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine.|
Cars in insurance group 45 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for your chosen make and model of car and calculate how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 44 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 44 typically have the following:
- High market values
- Expensive parts and repairs
- Large powerful engines
- Long repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors will also have a huge impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The larger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. This is because larger engines cost more to repair and replace.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood of you making a claim based on your address. Your premium will be higher if a lot of people in your area make claims. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,265 for insurance for a BMW 7-Series 725Ld auto 4d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,112.
- Driver age. Your age also determines the cost of your insurance premium. The youngest drivers will pay more because they are statistically more likely to make a claim. For example, the average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,201 for the Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT 2d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,155.
There are many other factors that can impact the price of your premiums.
These include the following:
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Your driving history, including your no-claims discount
- The model and age of your car
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing to drive a car in a lower car insurance group is a great way to lower your car insurance.
On top of that, there are other things you can do to keep your car insurance lower.
- Drive safely. It may sound obvious but making a claim or having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive every year. Insurers tend to offer lower premiums to drivers who register a lower annual mileage.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you often end up with a much cheaper deal as you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the less you’ll pay to insure it.
- Compare providers every year. When it’s time to renew your insurance, make sure you compare your options. You’ll usually be able to save a fair amount by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Ask an Expert