Car insurance group 44
Find out the list of cars available in insurance group 44 and how much it costs to insure them based on the driver's age and their location.
What is insurance group 44?
Before a vehicle is made available to buy, it is placed in a car insurance group.
With insurance groups ranging from 1-50, vehicles in group 44 are one of the most expensive to insure.
The cars that fall in this group usually have a high market value, large powerful engines and parts that are costly to replace.
However, there are also other factors that insurers take into account when calculating your premium, such as your age, driving history and location.
Car makes and models in insurance group 44
Here is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 44. These are all going to be on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|44||Audi Q7 SUV||The Audi Q7 is a handsome, compact luxury SUV that can run on either a 2-litre 4-cylinder or a 3-litre V6. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|44||BMW 7 Series||The BMW 7 Series is a world-class vehicle that can be powered by three different types of engines and is overall an extremely entertaining drive.|
|44||Range Rover Velar SUV||The Range Rover Velar is an SUV that can be powered by four different types of engine. It also received a full 5-star rating from Euro NCAP.|
|44||Mercedes Benz CLA Coupe||This Coupe sports a sharp look that offers superbly polished driving dynamics. Powered by a 2-litre 4-cylinder, the Benz CLA also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|44||Porsche Cayenne SUV||The Porsche Cayenne is known as the driver’s SUV, and it has an arsenal of technological features. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|44||Volvo S90||The Volvo S90 is a slick executive car that sports a calm exterior look. It features a wide array of tech and scores a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP. Safety features include a lane assist system.|
|44||Volvo V90||The Volvo V90 is a beautiful station wagon, powered by a 2-litre gas engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|44||Lexus RC||This luxury, two-door coupe boasts a super-strong 5-litre V8 engine. It also gives a very comfortable ride, along with a remarkable interior design.|
Cars in insurance group 44 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for your chosen model of car and estimate how much you’re likely to pay for your insurance based on your age.
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The larger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay to insure your vehicle.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood of you making a claim based on your location. If a lot of people living in your area have made a car insurance claim, you may have to pay a higher premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,258 for insurance for a BMW Alpine 110 Premiere Edition auto 2d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,096.
- Driver age. Your age plays a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,188 for the Lexus RC F auto 2d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,146.
There are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums.
These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The likelihood of your car being stolen
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving history and driving activity
- Your no-claims discount
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group will help you save money on your car insurance. However, replacing your vehicle isn’t viable for everyone.
Thankfully, there are other things you can do to lower the cost of your car insurance.
- Drive safely. Making a claim or picking up driving convictions will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive per year. Insurers tend to offer lower premiums to motorists with a lower annual mileage.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you often end up with a cheaper deal as you won’t have interest to pay on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, compare your options. Often, you’ll find a cheaper deal by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Ask an Expert