Car insurance group 43
Find out the average cost of insurance for a car in insurance group 43 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
What's in this guide?
- What is insurance group 43?
- Car makes and models in insurance group 43
- Cars in insurance group 43 and the average cost by driver's age
- Why are cars in group 43 more expensive to insure?
- What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
- How can I save on my car insurance premium?
- Frequently asked questions
What is insurance group 43?
Every car you see on the road has been assigned an insurance group from 1 to 50. These groups are to help insurers offer a reasonable car insurance quote. Vehicles in group 1 are the cheapest to insure, while those in group 50 are the most expensive.
Insurance group 43 cars are therefore among the more expensive vehicles to insure.
However, these groups aren’t the only factor that insurers consider when offering you a car insurance quote. They also take into account your personal circumstances, such as your age and location, so it’s always important to compare policies to find one that works for you.
Car makes and models in insurance group 43
There are several popular cars in insurance group 43. These are all likely to cost a fair bit above average when it comes to your car insurance premium.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|43||Audi TT Roadster||The Audi TT is powered by a strong 2-litre 4-cylinder engine that holds a stunning and luxurious cabin. It offers remarkable handling and has great fuel economy compared to its rival cars.|
|43||BMW X6||The BMW X6 can be powered by either a strong 3-litre 6-cylinder or 4.4-litre V8, capable of reaching speeds up to 210kph|
|43||Jaguar F-Type Coupe||The Jaguar F-Type can be powered by three different types of engine. It is capable of going 0-60mph in just 3.5 seconds.|
|43||Jeep Grand Cherokee||This large and sturdy jeep can be powered by four different types of engine. It’s capable of going 0-60mph in 5 seconds flat.|
|43||Range Rover Sport||This large and powerful SUV makes for an excellent off-roader choice. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|43||Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet||This large family car can be equipped with three different types of engines. Safety features include speed assistance and active bonnet.|
|43||Mitsubishi Shogan Sport SUV||The Mitsubishi Shogun Sport is a large SUV that is powered by a turbocharged 2.4-litre 4-cylinder diesel. Safety equipment includes electronic stability control, traction control, and ISOFIX child-seat mounts.|
|43||Volvo S60 Saloon||The Volvo S60 is a 4-door saloon that is loaded with tech and offers a super smooth drive. It is powered by a strong 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine.|
Cars in insurance group 43 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for your chosen make and model of car, and calculate how much it will cost to insure based on your age.
Why are cars in group 43 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 43 usually:
- Have a high market value
- Have large powerful engines
- Are expensive to source parts and make repairs
- Have longer repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. That’s because larger engines cost more to repair or replace.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood of you making a claim, based on how many claims have previously been made in your home city. Your premium could rise sharply if you live in an area where a lot of claims have been made. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,250 for insurance for a Jeep Cherokee 3.0 CRD Summit 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,080.
- Driver age. Like location, your age will play a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. Insurers will determine the likelihood of someone your age making a claim, based on previous claims data. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,175 for the Lotus Elise 2d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,139.
On top of these, there are many other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history, including your no-claim discount
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choose a car in a low car insurance group. Thankfully, there are some other things you can do to lower the cost of your car insurance, and we’ve listed them below:
- Drive safely. For every year you don’t make a claim, another year will be added to your no-claim discount. However, if you do claim or pick up a driving conviction, your premium will rocket.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could save money on your insurance by reducing the number of miles you drive per year in your car. Insurers will ask for your annual mileage whenever you apply for car insurance, and you may pay less if you give them a lower figure. Don’t drive more than the amount of miles you state though, as this could invalidate your policy.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you avoid having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. When you add extra safety features, your premium will usually drop. As such, these features can end up paying for themselves over time.
- Shop around. When it’s time to renew your car insurance, make sure you compare your options. You’ll often be able to save money by switching to a different insurer.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sorento insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sorento falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert