Car insurance group 39
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 39 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 39?
Every car you see on the road has been assigned an insurance group from 1 to 50. These groups help insurers work out the cost of your car insurance premium.
In this article, you’ll learn what factors are used to determine these groups, as well as the circumstances used to determine the cost of your car insurance.
Car makes and models in insurance group 39
Below is a list of the more popular cars in insurance group 39. These are likely to fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premium.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|39||Audi A6||This brilliantly-designed sedan has a powerful yet quiet 2.0-litre diesel engine. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|39||BMW 3-Series Saloon||This tech-savvy saloon drives smoothly and is packed with safety and security features. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|39||DS 7 Crossback SUV||The DS 7 Crossback is a beautiful SUV that is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. It won the Car of The Year Award at the 2019 sgCarMart Car of the Year awards.|
|39||Ford Mustang||The iconic Ford Mustang looks and sounds good. It is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 that is capable of going from 0-60 in just 4.2 seconds.|
|39||Hyundai Nexo SUV||The Hyundai Nexo is one of the only hydrogen-powered fuel-cell SUVs on the market.|
|39||Jeep Wrangler SUV||This trusty SUV is more than capable of giving you a safe driving experience on and off the road. It won five prestigious motoring awards in 2019.|
|39||Range Rover Velar SUV||The Range Rover Velar is an SUV that can be powered by a choice of four engine types.|
|39||Toyota Land Cruiser||This large family SUV is powered by a 5.7-litre V8 engine paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and is more than capable of off-road driving.|
Cars in insurance group 39 and the average cost by driver’s age
With the table below, you can search the make and model of your car, and estimate how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 39 more expensive to insure?
Cars in insurance group 39 usually have a high market value, a large engine, expensive parts and longer repair times. In some cases, they may also be lacking when it comes to safety and security features.
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. This is because larger more powerful engines cost more to repair or replace.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood of you making a claim based on your address. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,194 for insurance for an Audi TT, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £993.
- Driver age. Insurers will also consider your age when determining the cost of your insurance premium. This is based on the likelihood of someone your age making a claim, based on previous data. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £2,077 for the Porsche Macan S Diesel 5d PDK, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,088.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your driving activity and history, including your no-claim discount.
How can I save on my car insurance premium?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group is a clever way to lower the cost of your car insurance.
Here are some more ways:
- Drive safely. If you make a claim or clock up a driving conviction, this will spike the cost of your car insurance.
- Park your car on a driveway or in a garage. Insurers deem this to be safer than parking it on the street, and will often lower your premium to reflect this.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. If you lower your annual mileage, insurers will deem you to be at a lower risk of making a claim. So, consider if there are any journeys you can make by public transport or walking.
- Pay annually. When you pay annually, you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Compare your options. Make sure you compare your options every year. Don’t blindly accept your renewal quote. You’ll be surprised how much you could save by switching providers each year.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota iQ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota iQ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Roadster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Roadster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Jaguar XE insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jaguar XE falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Honda Accord insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda Accord falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert