Car insurance group 37
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 37 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What's in this guide?
What is insurance group 37?
All vehicles you see on the road have been assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), with cars in insurance group 37 falling on the more expensive side. This categorisation helps insurers calculate the cost of your car insurance premiums.
The group it falls into depends on a variety of factors such as market value, vehicle performance, safety features, cost of repairs and security features.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at the factors that place a vehicle in group 37.
Car makes and models in insurance group 37
There are a number of well-known cars in insurance group 37. These are likely to fall on the more expensive side when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|37||Abarth 595 Convertible||The Abarth 595 won the Best City Car category in the Best Cars Awards 2019 competition. This small car has surprising power, courtesy of its 1.4 Turbo 140 HP T-Jet engine.|
|37||Audi Q7 SUV||The Audi Q7 is a handsome, compact luxury SUV that can run on either a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder or a 3.0-litre V6. It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|37||BMW X5 4×4||This 4-door, mid-size luxury SUV can either be powered by a 3-litre 6-cylinder engine or a 4.4-litre V8 engine. It received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|37||Jeep Wrangler SUV||This compact SUV is more than capable going off-road. It can be powered by a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine or 2.8-litre 4-cylinder turbo-diesel.|
|37||Range Rover Velar SUV||The Range Rover Velar is an SUV that can be powered by a choice of 4 different engine types. It received a full 5-star rating from Euro NCAP.|
|37||Mercedes GLA-Class||This compact SUV is powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder that is capable of going from 0 to 60 in just 4.8 seconds.|
|37||Peugeot 508 RXH||This beautiful, mid-size sedan powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine received a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|37||Porsche Cayman||This one-of-a-kind sports car boasts a perfectly made chassis, paired with a seductive-sounding 4.0-litre flat 6 engine.|
Cars in insurance group 37 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can look for the make and model of your car, and work out how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 37 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 37 tend to have:
- Expensive-to-source parts and expensive repairs
- Higher market value
- Larger engine size
- Longer repair times
What other factors affect my car insurance premium?
Here are some other factors that have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more it will cost to repair and replace. With a larger engine, you’re likely to be seen as a bigger risk to an insurer and this is usually reflected with a higher premium.
- Driver location. Insurers will consider your location when factoring in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident. This includes where you park your car at night (on the street, driveway or garage) and also your address. A 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,114 for insurance for a Audi A1 S1 S1 TFSI Quattro 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £944.
- Driver age. Like location, your age will also play a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,984 for the Jaguar XE HSE P300 AWD auto 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,039.
Other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums include:
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security features
- The age and model of your car
- Your driving history, including no claims bonus
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group will help to reduce the price of your premium, but that’s not the only way.
Here are some more things you can do to help plummet the cost of your car insurance.
- Drive safely. If you’ve made a claim previously, or even worse picked up a driving conviction, your premium will rise significantly.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. Motorists with a lower annual mileage tend to face lower charges to insure their vehicles.
- Pay annually. When you pay annually, you avoid having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around. Use a price comparison website to find the best deal. Often, you’ll save a lot of money by switching away from your existing insurer.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Abarth 500 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 500 falls under and the average cost of insurance based on the driver’s age and location.
Ford Mustang insurance group
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Ford Mustang based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Honda CR-Z insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda CR-Z falls under and how much it might cost to insure.
Nissan GTR insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure a Nissan GTR based on the model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Jeep Renegade insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jeep Renegade falls under, how much it might cost to insure one and how to save on your car insurance.
Mitsubishi Colt insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mitsubishi Colt falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Celica insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to inure a Toyota Celica based on the specific model version.
Renault Zoe insurance group and cost
Find out the the average cost of car insurance for various different Renault Zoe models.
Suzuki Vitara insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Vitara falls under and the average cost of car insurance.
Toyota Avensis insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Avensis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert