Car insurance group 24
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 24 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the specific model version.
What's in this guide?
- What is insurance group 24?
- Car makes and models in insurance group 24
- Cars in insurance group 24 and the average cost by driver's age
- Why are cars in group 24 one of the cheapest?
- What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
- How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
- Frequently asked questions
What is insurance group 24?
When it comes to insurance, all vehicles are assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). These groups help insurers to work out the cost of your car insurance premiums. Therefore, vehicles in group 24 should cost less than average to insure.
The insurance group a particular model falls into depends on a variety of factors, such as vehicle performance, safety features and security features as well as the cost of repairs.
There are a lot of other personal factors that insurers take into account though. We will explore some of these below.
Car makes and models in insurance group 24
There is a decent amount of popular cars in insurance group 24. These cars are likely to fall on the cheaper side when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|24||Alfa Romeo Giulietta||This hatchback has low running costs and ranks in the top 10 for reliability according to WhatCar?.|
|24||BMW 3 Series||This top-selling premium executive car won the WhatCar? Safety Award 2020 and a Fleet News Best Premium Car Award 2020.|
|24||Ford Mondeo||This spacious family car comes with a 2-litre EcoBlue 150 diesel engine. It was awarded five stars in its Euro NCAP safety test.|
|24||Jaguar XE||This executive car won the award for “Car Brand with Best Features” at the 2019 Auto Trader New Car Awards.|
|24||Land Rover Range Rover||This luxury SUV was voted the 2020 Luxury Car Price Point Winner by WhatCar?. It was described by WhatCar? as “the only luxury car with real go-anywhere potential”.|
|24||Mercedes Benz A-Class||This premium family car has an economical engine and is packed with safety features, including automatic emergency braking and rear-cross traffic alert.|
|24||Nissan Juke||The Juke is an affordable small SUV, which delivers a great all-round drive with impressive infotainment extras.|
|24||Toyota Avensis||An affordable executive car with good economy. Its 2-litre engine offers over 60mpg.|
Cars in insurance group 24 and the average cost by driver’s age
With the table below, you can look for your vehicle and discover how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance based on your age.
Why are cars in group 24 one of the cheapest?
Cars in insurance group 24 are cheaper to insure, mostly due to the following factors:
- Good security and safety features
- Inexpensive to source parts and make repairs
- Market value is on the lower side
- Smaller engine size
- Faster repair times
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
These three factors will also have a big impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. With a smaller engine, you’ll be seen as less of a risk to an insurer. This is usually reflected with a lower premium.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident based on your location. It can have a big impact on your premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £986 for insurance for a Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D T Spirit (11/11) 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £854.
- Driver age. Insurers will consider the likelihood of you making a claim based on your age. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,716 for the Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £899.
There are a lot of other factors that can impact the price of your premiums. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- The likelihood of your car being stolen
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity and driving history
- Your no-claims discount
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Here are some other things you can do to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
- Drive safely. Having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. You could reduce your premium by reducing the number of miles you drive per year.
- Pay annually. By paying annually, you’ll avoid paying interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just blindly accept your renewal quote. You can often find a better deal by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.