Get 1.5% cash back with this no-frills business card.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to earn cash back without paying an annual fee.
- Pick something else if… you’re looking for a credit card with a low APR to pay off gradually.
- Recommended fair to excellent credit score of 675 or higher.
|Product Name||Capital One Spark® Cash Select for Business|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24%, 18.24% or 22.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24%, 18.24% or 22.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business is a no-frills credit card offering unlimited cash back bonuses on all of your business spending. It comes with no annual or foreign transaction fees, and you could earn a $200 bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months of using your card.
Other cards in the Spark suite include the Spark Miles Select for Business, which earns airline miles for every dollar you spend, and Cash for Business, featuring a lower APR for those with excellent credit.
Aside from offering an easy way for you to cover your business expenses, Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business comes with additional bonuses to further stretch your spending.
- Unlimited cash back rewards. Earn 1.5% with no limit.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card overseas without the worry of extra fees.
- Introductory bonus. Get $200 after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
- 0% intro APR. Pay no interest on purchases in the first 9 months after approval.
You’ll also like
- No annual fee.
- Free additional cards. Let your employees help you earn rewards on every business purchase.
- Fraud alerts. Receive notification of suspicious activity by phone, text or email.
What to watch out for
Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business offers rewards for spending on your business, but there are limits to its benefits.
- High APR. Interest could be as high as 14.24%, 18.24% or 22.24% variable, depending on your creditworthiness.
- No travel rewards. If you spend a lot on travel expenses, you may want to look at Spark Miles Select for Business.
- Intro bonus isn’t as robust as other cards. You can get more back on your spending with another card.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What should I know before I apply
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for the Capital One Spark Cash Select card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident.
You’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes:
- Your full name and personal contact information.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your total annual income and monthly housing payment.
You’ll also need to provide specific information about your business, including:
- Your business name and address.
- Information about the type of industry you’re in.
- Your ownership type and how long you’ve been in business.
- Your business tax ID number.
- Your annual business revenue and monthly expenses.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Spark Cash Select for Business card if you apply with a fair to excellent credit score of 675 or higher.
How to apply for Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business
Visit Capital One online, click the Business tab and find Spark Cash Select for Business. Click Apply Now.
Complete the application with your personal and financial information.
If approved, you’ll receive your letter of approval in seven to 10 days. You’ll need to submit your initial deposit, then you should receive your card in another two to three weeks.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit approval is automated on the website, you may get a decision on your application within 60 seconds.
I got the card. Now what?
Start earning 1.5% cash back on all of your business expenses, but be sure to stay on top of your payments to avoid unnecessary interest and fees.
- Track your spending. Monitor your spending and payments online 24/7.
- Avoid fees. Avoid late fees of up to $39 by setting up automatic withdrawals for statements.
- Earn more with your employees. Earn extra bonuses by providing cards to select employees for business expenses.
- Contact customer service. Get in touch with Capital One by phone at 800-867-0904 or by signing in to your account.
The no-annual-fee Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business card can get you cash back on your business spending. But you’ll pay potentially high APRs, depending on your creditworthiness.