Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select review
Earn 1.5% back on all purchases for no annual fee.
finder.com’s rating: / 5
- Get this card if you want to earn unlimited cash back but don’t want to pay the annual fee required of the Capital One Spark 2% Cash Plus.
- Pick something else if you want bigger rewards on your purchases
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
1.5% cash back on all purchases
0% intro for the first 12 months (then 15.99% to 23.99% variable)
Minimum Credit Score
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
Capital One has introduced two new variations of the Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select as part of its new small business card push. The cards are similar in most respects: both earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, require no annual fee and carry a variety of financial perks and tools for your business.
Strangely, both cards have the exact same name, though one is aimed at those with excellent credit and one is aimed at those with good credit. The good credit version of this card comes with a signup bonus of $500 after you spend $4,500 on purchases within your first three months. It also comes with an APR of 13.24% to 19.24% variable.
The version for good credit lacks the signup bonus, but offers a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months, with a revert APR of 15.99% to 23.99% variable.
If your business spends big, Capital One‘ s other new business card, the Capital One Spark 2% Cash Plus, has the flexibility and the annual cash bonus to reward your spending. But for smaller businesses, both Spark 1.5% Cash Select cards are great options, particularly if you’d rather not pay an annual fee and your business wants to carry a balance.
How to apply for the Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select
You can apply for the Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select by doing the following.
- Go to the provider's site and select Apply now.
- Mouse over Credit cards along the top navigation bar and select Business rewards.
- Select Apply now under the Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select version you wish to apply for.
- Fill out the requested information and select Submit.
Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select benefits
- Earn unlimited cash back. You’ll earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Intro offer depending on which Select card you choose. Each card comes with its own intro offer.
- Excellent credit version. Spend $4,500 on purchases within your first 3 months to earn a $500 cash bonus to your account.
- Good credit version. Get a 12-month 0% intro APR on purchases, reverting to 15.99% to 23.99% variable.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this card.
- No foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay a fee on purchases made abroad.
- Free employee cards. Additional employee cards come at no cost. You can also track employee spending and set spend limits.
- Card protections. This card comes with several protections, including roadside assistance, extended warranties on eligible purchases, card lock, and fraud and security alerts.
Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select Drawbacks
- No intro APR. The excellent credit version of this card doesn’t come with an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers.
Compare business credit cards
Explore your options by rewards, purchase APR and annual fee, or select the Apply now button to begin an application for a specific credit card.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select reviews and complaints
Capital One has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1995 and has an A rating from the organization as of October 2021. It has closed all of its 7,000+ customer complaints to satisfaction.
The provider sports a 1.3 out of 5 customer review rating from Trustpilot as of October 2021, with complaints lodged at customer service and online banking services.
The Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select is a great alternative to the Capital One Spark 2% Cash Plus if you run a small business and want a no-fuss rewards card with two choices of intro offers. But if you don’t mind paying a small annual fee and think you’ll need bigger spending needs, you can feel safe springing for the Capital One Spark 2% Cash Plus, which will deliver bigger value over time. If this card isn’t right for you, however, compare other business credit cards on the market to find one that best fits your financial needs.
Frequently asked questions about the Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select
How do I redeem my cash back?
You can redeem your cash back in the form of a check or statement credit. To do so, make a request through your Capital One online account or the Capital One Rewards Center.
How do I get additional cards for my employees?
Call the number on the back of your card to request cards for your employees.
Can I use a PO box to apply for the Spark® Cash Select for Business?
No, Capital One requires a physical address to apply. Once you’re approved, you can switch your mailing address to a PO box.
Is it safe to send my information to Capital One online?
Yes, Capital One encrypts your information to protect your banking and business details from third parties.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.