Send money to loved ones and businesses overseas within 24 hours — all from the comfort of your home.
You may need to send money overseas as quickly as possible — maybe a friend in France needs financial help or you need to buy goods or services from Spain.Whatever the situation, you have a range of same-day international money transfer services to choose from. From your bank account to a mobile phone, it’s easy to transfer money overseas.
How does a same-day money transfer work?
A same-day international money transfer allows you to send funds abroad that will arrive with your beneficiary within 24 hours or within minutes. It’s the same as any other overseas money transfer but quicker, with some providers able to offer instant transfers. However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poor exchange rates.
Send a transfer for pickup today:
What's in this guide?Jump to…
How do I send a same-day money transfer?
Wire transfers offer the fastest delivery possible, electronically moving your money to another bank or for pickup at an agent location. Whether using a provider like Western Union or an online service like TransferWise, you’ll often need to set up a free account.
For bank-to-bank transfers, you’ll need to specify your recipient’s bank name, account number and SWIFT code. For cash pickups, forward along your transfer tracking number so that your recipient can pick it up at a specified location.
Short for the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, a SWIFT code is an international bank code used for incoming transfers. Overseas banks each have a unique SWIFT code that identifies which bank to send money to.
How long does a transfer take?
For an online money transfer service like WorldRemit, you’ll set up an account within 15 minutes. After that, you’ll link your new account to your existing bank account so that you can transfer your money. Once you’ve initiated your transfer, it can take from a few minutes to a few hours for delivery.
How much does a same-day transfer cost?
Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Not all will charge an extra fee for expedited same-day service. For example, OFX and Citibank don’t charge rush fees for same-day transfers.
Exclusive offer: $0 fees with OFX and World First
Because they’re trusted partners of finder.com, OFX and World First are waiving transfer fees for our readers on all qualifying transfers. See how they compare to find the right one for your needs.
|Maximum transfer||No limit||No limit|
|Transfer fee||$0||$0 for finder.com readers|
|Transfer speed||2 days||1 day|
|Transfer methods||Online, phone, agent, bank-to-bank, money order||Online, phone|
What are same-day international money transfers?
A same-day international money transfer allows you to send funds abroad to your beneficiary within 24 hours. It’s convenient way for you to buy goods or services, send money to friends and family and manage any other international payments. It is the same as any other overseas money transfer but quicker, with some providers able to offer instant transfers. However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poor exchange rates.
How do I send funds abroad quickly?
The exact process for sending a same-day transfer varies by money transfer service. Companies like Western Union and MoneyGram allow you to send cash overseas by visiting your nearest agent location or entering your transfer details online. The funds can then be collected by your recipient at a branch in their country of residence.
With online money transfer companies like OFX and World First, you send funds online from your bank account to your recipient’s account. Major US banks will send international money transfers online or through a branch. However, the availability of same-day processing will vary depending on where you’re sending your money and the currency you transfer.
What’s the range of same-day overseas transfers available?
- Money transfer with cash pickup. MoneyGram and Western Union are best known for cash pickups. With either company, your money typically can be available for pickup within 15 minutes at hundreds of thousands of locations around the world.
- Bank transfer. Major US banks make it possible to send international money transfers. However, while transfers within 24 hours are possible to select countries and currencies, funds sent to other destinations could take as long as five days to arrive.
- Online money transfer. Online money transfer companies like OFX transfer your money quickly. However, processing times may take longer than 24 hours depending on where you’re sending your money.
How do I compare same-day international money transfers?
- Exchange rates. Look for the strongest rates you can find. But be wary of high fees that may be attached.
- Fees. Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Some providers waive their fee when you transfer a large amount.
- Transfer options. If sending your funds for cash pickup overseas, compare how many agent locations are near your recipient.
- Transfer methods. Can you initiate the transfer, or will you need to visit a branch?
- Pickup methods. While some companies offer fast cash pickup, others deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- Customer support. Look for a company with a solid reputation for providing professional and friendly customer support. Do they offer help by phone, email or live chat — and are the hours convenient?
Does PayPal offer same-day international money transfers?
Yes. You can use your established PayPal to send personal payments in minutes to friends and family abroad. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes provided you have instant access to your bank statements. This is because PayPal deposits small amounts into your account, and you’re required to verify your account based on the deposits.
- Fast. Same-day international transfers allow you to get funds to loved ones and businesses overseas as quickly as possible.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfer online, through an agent location or at your bank.
- Support family and friends. Whether you’re sending savings to your family or providing urgent help to a cash-strapped friend or relative, same-day transfers are an easy solution.
- Potentially costly. Same-day transfers typically attract higher fees and weaker exchange rates than regular transfers, so prepare to pay extra to send your funds.
What should I look out for with same-day transfers?
You’ll typically receive a weaker exchange rate and pay higher transfer fees with same-day transfers, so carefully review the full details of your transfer before you hand over any money. Be aware that some transfer providers — for example, your bank — will not always be able to offer a same-day transfer to your destinations.