We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Same-day money transfers
Send cash to another country within 24 hours from the comfort of your home.
Online money transfer companies offer a secure way to send money across borders almost instantly — but a tight time frame usually means higher fees.
Send money internationally with WorldRemit
Send money to 140+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
Your first transfer is free with the code FINDER.
- Low upfront fees and exchange rates.
- Easy to use with round-the-clock help.
- Get cash to family and friends in minutes.
What are same-day international money transfers?
A same-day money transfer allows you to send funds abroad that will arrive with your beneficiary within 24 hours. It’s the same as any other overseas money transfer but quicker, with some providers able to offer instant transfers.
However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poor exchange rates.
What are my options for same-day overseas transfers?
- Money transfer with cash pickup. MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit offer cash pickups. Your money can typically be available for pickup within 15 minutes at hundreds of thousands of locations around the world.
- Bank transfer. Major US banks make it possible to send international money transfers. However, while transfers within 24 hours are possible to select countries and currencies, funds sent to other destinations could take as long as five days to arrive.
- Online money transfer. Online money transfer companies like OFX transfer your money to your recipient’s bank account quickly. However, processing times may take longer than 24 hours depending on where you’re sending your money.
Send a transfer for pickup today
How does a same-day money transfer work?
The exact process for sending a same-day transfer varies by money transfer service.
- In person. Companies like Western Union and MoneyGram allow you to send cash overseas by visiting your nearest agent location. The funds can then be collected by your recipient at a branch in their country of residence.
- Online. WorldRemit also offers same-day cash pickups, but you’ll need to visit their site and initiate the transfer online using a debit card, credit card or bank account. If you’re sending money directly to your recipient’s bank account, check the processing time before initiating the transfer online to make sure your money will arrive in time.
- At a bank. If your bank offers same-day transfers to your destination, you can initiate a transfer at a branch or, with some banks, through your online banking portal.
What information will I need?
For bank-to-bank transfers, you’ll need to specify your recipient’s bank name, account number and SWIFT code. For cash pickups, forward along your transfer tracking number so that your recipient can pick it up at the specified location.
What is a swift code?
Short for the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, a SWIFT code is an international bank code used for incoming transfers. Overseas banks each have a unique SWIFT code that identifies which bank to send money to.
How long does a transfer take?
For an online money transfer service like WorldRemit, you’ll set up an account within 15 minutes. After that, you’ll link your new account to your existing bank account so that you can transfer your money. Once you’ve initiated your transfer, it can take from a few minutes to a few hours for delivery.
When transferring money from a US bank account to one overseas, it can take up to five business days.
How much does a same-day transfer cost?
Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Not all will charge an extra fee for expedited same-day service. For example, OFX and Citibank don’t charge rush fees for same-day transfers.
Exclusive offer: $0 fees with OFX
Because it’s a trusted partner of finder.com, OFX is waiving transfer fees for our readers on all qualifying transfers. See if it meets your needs for your next transfer.
|Maximum transfer||No limit|
|Transfer speed||2 days|
|Transfer methods||Online, phone, agent, bank-to-bank, money order|
|Apply with OFX|
How do I compare same-day money transfers?
- Exchange rates. Look for the strongest rates you can find. But be wary of high fees that may be attached.
- Fees. Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Some providers waive their fee when you transfer a large amount.
- Transfer options. If sending your funds for cash pickup overseas, compare how many agent locations are near your recipient.
- Transfer methods. Can you initiate the transfer, or will you need to visit a branch?
- Pickup methods. While some companies offer fast cash pickup, others deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- Customer support. Look for a company with a solid reputation for providing professional and friendly customer support. Do they offer help by phone, email or live chat — and are the hours convenient?
Does PayPal offer same-day international money transfers?
Yes. You can use your established PayPal account to send personal payments in minutes to friends and family abroad. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes if you have online access to your bank statements. This is because PayPal deposits small amounts into your account, and you’re required to verify your account based on the deposits.
- Fast. Same-day international transfers allow you to get funds to loved ones and businesses overseas as quickly as possible.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfer online, through an agent location or at your bank.
- Potentially costly. Same-day transfers typically attract higher fees and weaker exchange rates than regular transfers, so prepare to pay extra to send your funds.
What should I look out for with same-day transfers?
You’ll typically receive a weaker exchange rate and pay higher transfer fees with same-day transfers, so carefully review the full details of your transfer before you hand over any money. Be aware that some transfer providers — for example, your bank — will not always be able to offer a same-day transfer to your destinations.
Using a transfer provider that offers cash pickup is the most reliable way to send funds overseas almost instantly. But if you have a little extra time, you may be able to get a better deal by sending a bank-to-bank transfer. Compare money transfer services to find out more about which provider will work best for you.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert