Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Same-day money transfers
Send cash to another country within 24 hours from the comfort of your home.
Online money transfer companies offer a secure way to send money across borders almost instantly — but a tighter time frame usually means higher fees.
Send money internationally with WorldRemit
Send money to 140+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
Your first transfer is free with the code FINDER.
- Low upfront fees and exchange rates.
- Easy to use with round-the-clock help.
- Get cash to family and friends in minutes.
What's in this guide?
- What are same-day international money transfers?
- What are my options for same-day overseas transfers?
- Compare rates to send a transfer for pickup today
- How much does a same-day transfer cost?
- How do I compare same-day money transfers?
- Does PayPal offer same-day international money transfers?
- Bottom line
- Frequently asked questions
What are same-day international money transfers?
A same-day money transfer allows you to send funds abroad that will arrive with your beneficiary within 24 hours. It’s the same as any other overseas money transfer, but quicker. Also, some providers are able to offer instant transfers.
However, fast transfers usually cost more than regular transfers thanks to high fees and poor exchange rates.
What are my options for same-day overseas transfers?
Three main ways exist to transfer money overseas on the same day:
Digital money transfer services
Companies like OFX and CurrencyTransfer specialize in foreign currencies, making them some of the most cost-effective transfers. These services are found online and typically have no physical offices.
You’ll need to visit a provider’s site and initiate the transfer online using a debit card, credit card or bank account.
MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit offer cash pickups. Your money can typically be available for pickup within 15 minutes at hundreds of thousands of locations around the world.
To use this option, visit your nearest agent location to start your transfer. The funds can then be collected by your recipient at a branch in their country of residence.
Major US banks make it possible to send international money transfers. However, while transfers within 24 hours are possible to select countries and currencies, funds sent to other destinations could take as long as five days to arrive.
Visit your local bank branch or the bank’s website to initiate a transfer, just be sure to check the processing time.
Compare rates to send a transfer for pickup today
How much does a same-day transfer cost?
Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Not all will charge an extra fee for expedited same-day service. For example, OFX and Citibank don’t charge rush fees for same-day transfers.
Exclusive offer: $0 fees with OFX
Because it’s a trusted partner of finder.com, OFX is waiving transfer fees for our readers on all qualifying transfers. See if it meets your needs for your next transfer.
|Maximum transfer||No limit|
|Transfer speed||2 days|
|Transfer methods||Online, phone, agent, bank-to-bank, money order|
|Apply with OFX|
How do I compare same-day money transfers?
- Exchange rates. Look for the strongest rates you can find. But be wary of high fees that may be attached.
- Fees. Most providers either charge a set fee or a percentage of your transaction. Some providers waive their fee when you transfer a large amount.
- Transfer options. If sending your funds for cash pickup overseas, compare how many agent locations are near your recipient.
- Transfer methods. Can you initiate the transfer, or will you need to visit a branch?
- Pickup methods. While some companies offer fast cash pickup, others deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s bank account.
- Customer support. Look for a company with a solid reputation for providing professional and friendly customer support. Do they offer help by phone, email or live chat — and are the hours convenient?
Does PayPal offer same-day international money transfers?
Yes. You can use your established PayPal account to send personal payments in minutes to friends and family abroad. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes if you have online access to your bank statements. This is because PayPal deposits small amounts into your account, and you’re required to verify your account based on the deposits.
- Fast. Same-day international transfers allow you to get funds to loved ones and businesses overseas as quickly as possible.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfer online, through an agent location or at your bank.
- Potentially costly. Same-day transfers typically attract higher fees and weaker exchange rates than regular transfers, so prepare to pay extra to send your funds.
- Potential delays. The funds will typically be delivered to your recipients PayPal instantly after sending, but to get the money to their bank account could take up to 5 business days.
What should I look out for with same-day transfers?
You’ll typically receive a weaker exchange rate and pay higher transfer fees with same-day transfers, so carefully review the full details of your transfer before you hand over any money. Be aware that some transfer providers — for example, your bank — will not always be able to offer a same-day transfer to your destinations.
Using a transfer provider that offers cash pickup is the most reliable way to send funds overseas almost instantly. But if you have a little extra time, you may be able to get a better deal by sending a bank-to-bank transfer. Be sure to compare money transfer services to find out more about which provider will work best for you.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Remittance statistics We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Best ways to send money online Navigate the world of sending money domestically and internationally with our hand-picked list of popular services.
XE vs. OFX money transfers Check out this side-by-side comparison of XE and OFX to find out which provider offers the best value on international money transfers.
Alternatives to InstaReM Find the best alternative websites to InstaReM for online money transfers.
XE vs. Western Union We compare XE's and Western Union’s fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds side by side.
Remitly vs. PayPal Compare a well-known payments giant to the newer Remitly and see which one can give you a better deal.
Remitly vs. TransferWise Remitly and TransferWise’s fees, exchange rates and speeds compared side by side.
How to send money to Guinea Compare the services that send money to Guinea. Find out how to get the best value for your money, how long it takes and what to look out for.
Best places to exchange currency in Sydney Your guide to currency exchange services in Sydney, including where to find the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Best places to exchange currency in Winnipeg Looking for the best deal on Canadian dollars in Winnipeg? Compare popular services and access handy tips to get the most out of your next transfer.
Ask an Expert