We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Chase Bank wire transfer review
A quick, easy way to send money around the world.
Chase offers the convenience of sending secure international wire transfers online or at your local bank branch — but watch out for member requirements and high fees.
How much will I pay to transfer money with Chase?
Chase Bank’s transfer fees depend on whether you’re sending or receiving an international wire transfer:
- To send an international wire transfer at a branch, you’ll pay $45.
- To send an international wire transfer online, you’ll pay $40.
- To receive an international wire transfer to your account, you’ll pay $15.
How are Chase’s exchange rates?
Like any large bank, Chase updates its rates regularly in line with global currency market fluctuations. Its exchange rates are similar to those offered by other large US banks but not as attractive as the rates you’ll get by using an independent money transfer specialist.
Who charges less?Independent transfer services usually win out over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers who will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX, XE and TransferWise.
- TransferWise is a peer-to-peer transfer service that uses the mid-market rate — the rate banks and transfer services use when they trade among themselves — so you can be certain you’re getting the best rate on your transfer.
Available currencies and countries
Send money in more than 35 currencies worldwide.
As a general rule, you will not be able to transfer money to the following countries due to US sanctions:
- Sierra Leone
How does Chase compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
What types of transfers can I make with Chase?
You have two options for transferring money with Chase:
- One-off transfers. Make a one-time wire transfer.
- Recurring transfers. Schedule a repeating wire transfer.
You can send your international wire transfer on the same day or initiate a transfer for a future date online or at a Chase bank branch. If you submit your transfer by 4 p.m. ET, it will be processed the same business day.
With online banking, you can send repeat wire transfers to the same recipient and delegate others to request and approve wire transfers.
What are the pros and cons of using Chase wire transfers?
- Secure transfers. Wire transfers are a safe, reliable way to send money to international bank accounts.
- Trusted institution. Chase is ranked No. 1 for customer satisfaction in the large bank category for three consecutive years by the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
- Financial strength. Chase is backed by JP Morgan Chase & Co., a leading global financial services firm.
- Easy process. Chase provides step-by-step instructions for hassle-free money transfers.
- High fees. You’ll pay more in fees than you would by going with an independent money transfer provider.
- Chase customers only. You need to bank with Chase and set up a checking account to make a transfer.
How do I send money overseas with Chase?
To send an international wire transfer with Chase, you first need to open a checking account. Once you’ve set up your account, take these steps to transfer money online.
- Add a wire recipient to your account.
- Click Make a Wire Transfer and enter your transfer details.
- Review your transaction details and send your funds.
What are the transfer limits?
The total daily limit on wire transactions with Chase is $100,000 or your available balance. Business customers can request a higher limit.
How do I track my Chase wire transfer?
Easily check the progress of a transfer through your online banking account, by visiting a branch location or by calling Chase’s customer service line between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 800-935-9935.
Does Zelle work with Chase?
Yes. Chase customers can send money through Chase QuickPay with Zelle, a peer-to-peer payment service, using the mobile app. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in and select QuickPay with Zelle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select a recipient and enter the amount you want to send.
- Hit Send money.
- Check to make sure you got a confirmation that your money was sent.
Chase SWIFT/BIC information
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|JP Morgan Chase Bank||CHASUS33||Chase Bank, 270 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
What is Chase Bank?
With more than 5,400 branches, 15,500 ATMs and online, mobile and phone banking solutions, Chase offers its financial products and services to personal and business customers all over the US. It ranks No. 1 for customer satisfaction for large US banks year after year.
Chase’s banking services are backed by the experience and financial strength of global financial services firm JP Morgan & Chase Co., which has assets of nearly $2.6 trillion.
If you ever need help, Chase offers phone support 24/7. Email and Twitter support are also available, or you can visit your nearest Chase bank branch.
What other products does Chase offer?
Chase is a full-service bank offering:
- Credit cards. Choose from a range of credit cards to suit a variety of spending needs, from basic everyday cards to ones packed with features.
- Home loans. Chase offers flexible mortgage solutions to help you own your home sooner or leverage equity in your current home.
- Auto loans. Enjoy flexible loan options and payment features to fund your next set of wheels.
- Investing. Chase offers investment solutions to help you take charge of your finances.
- Checking accounts. Chase offers a range of checking accounts to help you manage your finances and get more out of everyday spending.
- Saving accounts. Take advantage of high interest rates and minimal fees to build your savings.
- Business banking solutions. From credit cards and checking accounts to managing international payments, Chase provides banking solutions for small and medium size businesses.
What do customers say about Chase?
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an F from the organization. However, TrustPilot gives Chase a TrustScore of 6.5 out of 10, with an average of three stars. 56% of reviews on TrustPilot are “excellent.”
Chase vs. the competition
Chase is a safe, reliable way to send money overseas. But you’ll pay a sizable transfer fee to get your funds to your recipient.
Compare Chase’s international wire transfer services with your international payment options from other banks and transfer providers to find the right transfer solution for your situation.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
XE vs. OFX money transfers Check out this side-by-side comparison of XE and OFX to find out which provider offers the best value on international money transfers.
Alternatives to CurrencyFair Thinking of using CurrencyFair? Double check to make sure it’s the best option for you before sending money overseas.
Alternatives to InstaReM Find the best alternative websites to InstaReM for online money transfers.
XE vs. TorFX We look at TorFX and XE to see which will get you a better deal the next time you send money overseas.
XE vs. Western Union We compare XE's and Western Union’s fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds side by side.
Remitly vs. PayPal Compare a well-known payments giant to the newer Remitly and see which one can give you a better deal.
Remitly vs. TransferWise Remitly and TransferWise’s fees, exchange rates and speeds compared side by side.
How to send money to Guinea Compare the services that send money to Guinea. Find out how to get the best value for your money, how long it takes and what to look out for.
Best places to exchange currency in Sydney Your guide to currency exchange services in Sydney, including where to find the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Best places to exchange currency in Winnipeg Looking for the best deal on Canadian dollars in Winnipeg? Compare popular services and access handy tips to get the most out of your next transfer.
Ask an Expert