Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Chase Bank wire transfer review
A quick, easy way to send money around the world.
Updated . What changed?
Chase offers the convenience of sending secure international wire transfers online or at your local bank branch — but watch out for member requirements and high fees.
Chase wire transfer fees
The Chase wire transfer fee you’ll pay depends on how you’re sending the transfer and whether you’re sending or receiving an international wire transfer:
|Outgoing (from online)||Outgoing (from a Chase branch)||Incoming||Between Chase accounts|
|Chase domestic wire transfer||$25||$35||$15||$0|
|Chase international wire transfer||$40||$50||$15||$0|
|Chase international wire transfer (in foreign currency)||$5||$50||$15||$0|
Wire transfer fees from September 2020 for Chase Total Checking accounts.
Chase offers lower fees when transferring using its foreign currency exchange option, but keep in mind that the exchange rate offered by Chase may be far weaker than money transfer competitors. Because of this, the bottom option, International wire transfer (in foreign currency), may seem far cheaper than the other options until you take into account the exchange rate attached to it.
Chase currency exchange rates
Like any large bank, Chase updates its rates regularly in line with global currency market fluctuations. The Chase currency exchange rates you’ll be offered are similar to those of other large US banks but not as attractive as the rates you’ll get by using an independent money transfer specialist.
MUST READ: Who charges less?
Independent transfer services usually win out over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers that will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX, XE and TransferWise.
- TransferWise is a peer-to-peer transfer service that uses the mid-market rate — the same rate banks and transfer services use when they trade among themselves — so with TransferWise you’ll get the best exchange rate possible on your transfer.
- OFX is a global company that offers competitive exchange rates and low fees on money transfers, with a focus on larger transfers over $1,000.
- XE, known for providing exchange rate information, also sends money transfers to more than 100 countries at competitive rates.
What are the transfer limits?
The total daily limit on wire transactions with Chase is $100,000 or your available balance. Business customers can request a higher limit.
How does Chase compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
How do I send a Chase international wire transfer?
To send an international wire transfer with Chase, you first need to open a checking account. Once you’ve set up your account, take these steps to transfer money online:
- Add a wire recipient to your account.
- Choose Make a Wire Transfer and enter your transfer details.
- Review your transaction details and send your funds.
What types of transfers can I make with Chase?
You have two options for transferring money with Chase:
- One-off transfers. Make a one-time wire transfer.
- Recurring transfers. Schedule a repeating wire transfer.
You can send your international wire transfer on the same day or initiate a transfer for a future date online or at a Chase bank branch. If you submit your transfer by 4 p.m. ET, it will be processed the same business day.
With online banking, you can send repeat wire transfers to the same recipient and delegate others to request and approve wire transfers.
What to keep in mind with Chase wire transfers
- Secure transfers. Wire transfers are a safe, reliable way to send money to international bank accounts.
- Trusted institution. Chase is ranked No. 1 for customer satisfaction in the large bank category for three consecutive years by the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
- Financial strength. Chase is backed by JP Morgan Chase & Co., a leading global financial services firm.
- Easy process. Chase provides step-by-step instructions for hassle-free money transfers.
- High fees. You’ll pay more in fees than you would by going with an independent money transfer provider.
- Chase customers only. You need to bank with Chase and set up a checking account to make a transfer.
Available currencies and countries
Send money in more than 40 currencies to more than 90 countries worldwide.
As a general rule, you will not be able to transfer money to the following countries due to US sanctions:
- Sierra Leone
How do I track my Chase wire transfer?
Easily check the progress of a transfer through your online banking account, by visiting a branch location or by calling Chase’s customer service line between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 800-935-9935.
Does Zelle work with Chase?
Yes. Chase customers can send money through Chase QuickPay with Zelle, a peer-to-peer payment service, using the mobile app. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in and select QuickPay with Zelle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select a recipient and enter the amount you want to send.
- Hit Send money.
- Receive a confirmation that your money was sent.
Chase SWIFT/BIC information
Use SWIFT/BIC information to track your transfer. It may also be necessary when wiring money abroad.
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|JP Morgan Chase Bank||CHASUS33||Chase Bank, 270 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
What’s my Chase routing number?
|New York (downstate)||021000021|
|New York (upstate)||022300173|
Chase is a safe, reliable way to send money overseas. But you’ll pay a sizable transfer fee to get your funds to your recipient. Compare Chase’s international and domestic wire transfer services with your other options from international money senders like MoneyGram, TransferWise and more to find the right transfer solution for your situation.
Frequently asked questions
Can I save my recipient’s details to make future transfers easy?
Yes, you can save the details of frequent recipients to speed up the process for future transfers.
Can I submit a wire request at any time?
Yes, you can submit online transfer requests at any time.
Can I send domestic wire transfers from a Chase checking account?
Yes, you can send and receive domestic wire transfers from your account and also receive incoming wire transfers from overseas.
Ask an Expert