We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Bank of America wire transfers review
Send fast, secure international wire transfers from your BofA bank account.
If you need to transfer funds quickly to a friend or family member anywhere around the world, Bank of America is an easy solution.
Offering wire transfers to more than 200 countries, the bank provides secure, convenient money transfers. The funds you send typically arrive within two business days, and you can initiate your transfer online or at your nearest Bank of America branch.
How much does Bank of America cost?
Bank of America has a three-tiered transfer fee, with the price depending on the following criteria:
- Outbound domestic wire transfer: $30
- Outbound international wire sent in foreign currency: $35
- Outbound international wire sent in U.S. dollars: $45
How are Bank of America’s exchange rates?
Like any large bank, Bank of America updates its rates regularly to align with the changing global market. While it doesn’t reveal its exchange rates online, Bank of America will show you the rate that applies to your transaction before you confirm the details of your transfer. You’ll get a weaker exchange rate than you will with a specialist money transfer company.
Available currencies and countries
Bank of America supports transfers to 200+ countries. But keep in mind that transfers are not allowed to some countries including the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Myanmar, Belarus and others.
How does Bank of America compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
What types of transfers can I make with Bank of America?
Bank of America offers international wire transfers directly to your recipient’s bank account in more than 200 countries around the world. If you don’t want to send a wire transfer, you also have the option of obtaining an international money order and then mailing it to your recipient overseas.
Pros and cons of using Bank of America
- Send money to 200+ countries. Help out family and friends wherever necessary.
- Secure transfer method. Wire transfers are a secure, reliable way to send money overseas.
- Transfer options. You can initiate your transfer online or at your local Bank of America branch.
- Trusted provider. A trusted name in the banking industry, BofA has a long history of providing financial solutions for millions of customers.
- Two-day delivery. Send money in two business days, which is better than many banks but won’t help with weekend transfers.
- Fees. Prepare to pay a transfer fee of $35 to $45 when you send money overseas. Domestic transfers cost less.
- Customers only. You’ll need to have an account with BofA before starting a transfer.
- Wire transfer or money orders only. Recipients can withdraw cash from their account after the transfer is complete.
How do I send money overseas with Bank of America?
To send an international wire transfer with BofA, you’ll need to first set up a bank account. You can quickly and easily sign up for an account online with your Social Security Number, contact information and residential address.
Once you have an account, you can send a wire transfer overseas online or at a local Bank of America branch.
To initiate an international wire transfer online:
- Log in to your Bank of America account online.
- Hover over the Transfers tab and then locate the Send money to someone section and select Using their account number at another bank.
- Enter the details of your transaction — how much you’re sending and your recipient’s banking info.
Your transfer will typically be delivered in two business days to more than 200 countries worldwide.
Does Zelle work with Bank of America?
Yes. Zelle, the new peer-to-peer payment platform, is available through Bank of America’s app. Here’s how you can use it to transfer money to other Zelle accounts in minutes:
- Sign in to Bank of America’s app and select Send.
- Choose who you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Write an optional note and hit SendMoney.
How do I contact customer support?
If you need assistance or have a question about your transfer, you can contact Bank of America at 800-933-6262.
Bank of America SWIFT/BIC information
|Bank name||SWIFT/BIC||Bank address||Recipient’s name||Recipient’s account number|
|Bank of America||BOFAUS3N||222 Broadway New York, New York 10038||Beneficiary’s name as it appears on the bank statement||Complete bank account number|
What is Bank of America?
With more than 57 million personal and business customers and operations in more than 40 countries, Bank of America is committed to helping its customers reach their financial goals. Bank of America has 4,800 retail financial centers, roughly 16,000 ATMs and an award-winning online banking platform. A leader in corporate and investment banking, it offers everything you need to manage your finances and save for a secure financial future.
What other products does Bank of America offer?
Bank of America is a full-service bank offering:
- Checking accounts. Manage everyday finances through feature-packed accounts.
- Savings accounts. With competitive interest rates, minimal fees and flexible features, you can build a stronger financial future.
- Credit cards. Extensive options range from basic low-cost cards to high-end rewards cards.
- Mortgages. Whether buying your first home, your next home or investing, you have a suite of loan products to choose from.
- Auto loans. Own your next set of wheels sooner with a feature-packed auto loan.
- Investment solutions. Trade in a wide range of investments and financial instruments online with Merrill Edge.
- Business banking solutions. From small business banking to complex investment strategies for large corporations, Bank of America looks after the needs of its corporate clients.
What do customers say about Bank of America?
Bank of America has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1949 and receives an A- from the organization. Over on TrustPilot, the majority of reviews fall into the “average” category, with a TrustScore of 6.2 out of 10.
Bank of America’s wire transfers are a secure, convenient solution when you need to send money overseas.
However, to find a service that’s best for your situation, compare the transfer fees, exchange rates and other details of money transfer specialists.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert