Access a variety of transfer options when sending funds overseas with WorldRemit
WorldRemit allows you to send funds to more than 110 countries around the world simply and affordably. With a selection of flexible transfer options, WorldRemit allows you to fund your transfer from your bank account or a credit or debit card, while the funds you send can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or mobile wallet, or made available for collection from an agent location.
Founded in 2010 in London, WorldRemit offers its services across the U.S., Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
|Product Name||WorldRemit International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 1|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 2,000|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account, Cash Transfer|
|Transfer Options||One off payments|
Minimum transfer time
|Within an hour|
|Banking Partner||WorldRemit (USA)|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, ALL, AMD, ARS, AUD, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BIF, BOB, BRL, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DKK, DOP, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GHS, GMD, GNF, GTQ, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JMD, KES, KMF, KYD, LKR, MAD, MRO, MXN, MYR, NGN, NOK, NPR, NZD, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, RON, RUB, RWF, SEK, SGD, SLL, SOS, SRD, THB, TND, TOP, TRY, TZS, UGX, USD, UYU, VND, XAF, XOF, ZAR, ZWD|
|Online Transfer Fee||USD 4.99|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
- No minimum transfer amount
- Large range of destinations
- Competitive exchange rate
- Significant amount of transfer fees as amount goes up
- Maximum amounts apply when sending
How are WorldRemit’s exchange rates?
WorldRemit offers guaranteed exchange rates when you need to send money overseas. These rates are updated regularly to reflect changing market conditions and generally compare favorably to the rates available from major US banks. Compare WorldRemit’s exchange rates with those of your bank to see how they stack up.
How much does it cost to transfer money with WorldRemit?
The fee you’ll pay to send your money overseas with WorldRemit depends on the amount you send, where you send it and how your recipient will access the money.
For example, you’ll pay $3.99 for a bank deposit of $1,000 to Mexico, while sending the same amount via bank transfer to China will run you $7.99.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
WorldRemit does not list a minimum transfer amount online, and the maximum you can send per transfer depends on where you send your money. For example, the maximum you can transfer to China in one transaction is $2,000.
Popular transfer destinations offered by WorldRemit include China, India, Mexico, the Philippines, Canada, Brazil and Guatemala. To see a full list of available countries, visit WorldRemit’s website and reference the drop-down menu when you click “Send to.”
How safe is a WorldRemit money transfer?
What types of transfers can I make with WorldRemit?
When you need to send money around the world, WorldRemit offers the following one-off transfer options:
- Deposit to your recipient’s bank account. For some banks, your bank transfer will arrive instantly, but it could take one to three business days with other financial institutions.
- Cash pickup. Depending on where you send your funds, your recipient may be able to pick up the cash from one of more than 30,000 collection points minutes of your transfer being placed. For example, funds sent to Mexico can be picked up at a branch of BBVA Bancomer, Telecomm Telegrafos, Chedraui, Pagos Intermex, Envios Confianza, Scotiabank and Bancoppel.
- Transfer to your recipient’s mobile wallet. Funds you send can be instantly added to your recipient’s Mobile Money account.
- Mobile airtime top-up. Airtime you send is instantly added to your recipient’s prepaid cellphone.
If you’re transferring money to the Philippines, your funds can be delivered to your recipient’s home. Depending on their location, this service takes between 24 hours and seven days for receipt.
If you require help with a transaction, WorldRemit offers 24/7 email and phone support.
Western Union vs. WorldRemit
The registration and transfer process
Before you send money with WorldRemit, you’ll need to sign up for an account with your name, contact details, country of residence, date of birth and proof of dentity.
The next step is entering the details of your transaction. You’ll provide information about where you’re sending your money, the amount you’re sending and how you would like your recipient to access the funds. You will also supply your recipient’s name, contact details and bank account information (for transfers between bank accounts), and you’ll then be presented with a review page.
If you’re happy with the fee and exchange rate that applies to your transaction, send your transfer. When the funds arrive to your recipient and the transaction is complete, both you and your recipient will be notified by email or text.
How to transfer money internationally using WorldRemit
Pros and cons of using WorldRemit
- Simple. WorldRemit offers a simple three-step transfer process to make it quick and convenient to send your money overseas.
- Worldwide network. Customers in 50 countries can send funds to more than 110 countries, providing global access when you need to transfer money abroad.
- Flexible options. Pay with a credit or debit card or from your bank account. Funds can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or made available for collection at any of more than 30,000 agent locations.
- Cash is not accepted. You can’t pay for an international money transfer with cash.
WorldRemit offers a range of competitive features to make your international money transfers as simple and affordable as possible.
However, we suggest comparing its services with those of other money transfer providers before you send funds overseas.
Frequently asked questions about WorldRemit
How can I pay for my international money transfer?
Pay for your WorldRemit transfer with your credit card, debit card or bank account.
Is there an app available to facilitate a transfer?
Yes, the WorldRemit app can help you send your funds overseas whenever it’s convenient for you.
How quickly are the funds available for collection when I select cash pickup?
The money you send is typically available for your recipient to collect at one of more than 30,000 agent locations worldwide within minutes.
Why do I need to provide my recipient’s cellphone number and email address?
WorldRemit requires this information so that it can send email and SMS notifications to the recipient when your funds are sent and received.