Access a variety of transfer options when sending funds overseas with WorldRemit
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.WorldRemit allows you to send funds to more than 140 countries around the world simply and affordably.
With a selection of flexible transfer options, WorldRemit allows you to fund your transfer from your bank account or a credit or debit card, while the funds you send can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or mobile wallet or made available for collection from an agent location. You can also top up someone’s mobile airtime.
|Product Name||WorldRemit International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 1|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 9,000|
Minimum transfer time
|Within an hour|
|Banking Partner||WorldRemit (USA)|
|Available Currencies||AED, ALL, AUD, BDT, BGN, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, GEL, HKD, HRK, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JPY, KES, LKR, LRD, MAD, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, RON, RUB, SCR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, UAH, USD, VND, XCD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||USD 3.99|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- No minimum transfers.
- Wide range of destinations.
- Competitive exchange rate.
- Significant fees as transfer amount increases.
- Maximum amounts apply when sending.
How it works
WorldRemit simplifies the money transfer process by taking money transfers online — you can initiate a transfer on your computer, smartphone or tablet. And all fees and exchange rates are displayed upfront, so you know exactly what you’ll pay.
WorldRemit offers the flexibility of paying from your bank account or with a credit or debit card, and your recipient can receive the funds as a bank account or mobile wallet deposit or pick it up as cash from one of more than 30,000 agent locations worldwide.
Our experience transferring money with WorldRemit
Here’s what we found when we sent live transfers to Mexico and France through WorldRemit:
- We weren’t able to complete a transfer to Mexico because our recipient didn’t hold an account with one of the banks on WorldRemit’s limited list.
- However, our recipient in France received our funds to their bank account nearly immediately, beating the three-day delivery estimate.
- In addition to low fees, WorldRemit’s exchange rate was within 1.6% of the mid-market rate, with rates updated daily.
- WorldRemit’s easy-to-use website allowed us to sign up and initiate a transfer in about 5 minutes. You also have the option of initiating a transfer by phone.
We recognize WorldRemit as a winner of the finder.com Money Transfer Awards 2017 in the category of Fastest Transfer.
How much does it cost to transfer money with WorldRemit?
WorldRemit offers guaranteed exchange rates when you need to send money overseas. These rates are updated daily to reflect changing market conditions and generally compare favorably to the rates available from major US banks. Compare WorldRemit’s exchange rates with those of your bank to see how they stack up against each other.
The fee you’ll pay to send your money overseas with WorldRemit depends on the amount you send, where you send it and how your recipient will access the money.
For example, you’ll pay $3.99 for a bank deposit of $1,000 to Mexico, while sending the same amount via bank transfer to China will run you $7.99.
Calculate your fees and exchange rate
Compare conversion rates and fees for sending money using WorldRemit.
Show code & visit siteFI****
What types of transfers can I make with WorldRemit?
When you need to send money around the world, WorldRemit offers the following one-off transfer options:
- Deposit to your recipient’s bank account. For some banks, your bank transfer will arrive instantly, but it could take one to three business days with other financial institutions.
- Cash pickup. Depending on where you send your funds, your recipient may be able to pick up the cash from one of more than 30,000 collection points almost instantly. For example, funds sent to Mexico can be picked up at a branch of BBVA Bancomer, Telecomm Telegrafos, Chedraui, Pagos Intermex, Envios Confianza, Scotiabank or Bancoppel.
- Transfer to your recipient’s mobile wallet. Funds you send can be instantly added to your recipient’s Mobile Money account.
- Mobile airtime top-up. Airtime you send is instantly added to your recipient’s prepaid cellphone.
If you’re transferring money to the Philippines, your funds can be delivered to your recipient’s home. Depending on their location, this service takes between 24 hours and seven days for receipt.
Unfortunately, WorldRemit does not offer the flexibility of rate locks, forward contracts or recurring transfers.
Pros and cons of using WorldRemit
- Easy-to-use website. We were able to sign up and initiate a transfer in about 5 minutes.
- Worldwide network. Customers in 50 countries can send funds to more than 140 countries, providing global access when you need to transfer money abroad.
- Flexible options. Pay with a credit or debit card or from your bank account. Funds can be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or made available for collection at any of more than 30,000 agent locations.
- Limited services. If you’re a resident of Louisiana or New York, you’ll need to find another service until WorldRemit is licensed in those states.
- Cash is not accepted. You can’t pay for an international money transfer with cash.
- Government-issued ID required. After your first transfer, you’ll need to upload a copy of your license or passport, which could deter those without one.
- No live chat option. If you have questions, you can call or fill out an online form for help.
How do I use WorldRemit?
Before you send money with WorldRemit, make sure you have the following information:
- A valid payment method. Your bank account, credit card or debit card information.
- Your recipient’s name and contact information. If you’re transferring money to a bank account, you’ll also need the bank name, the bank’s SWIFT code and an account number.
It’s helpful to create an account before initiating a transfer, but you can enter your transfer info first to learn just how much the transfer will cost.
How to transfer your money with WorldRemit
Next you’ll pay for your transfer. You can send your money directly from your bank account or by using your debit or credit card. You will receive an SMS or text message with confirmation of your transaction. You and your recipient will also receive an email when it is sent and when it is received.
Tracking your order
- Fast money worldwide in minutes. Your recipient can pick up cash from one of 30,000 agents on completion of your transaction. Bank account transfers are available by the following day.
- Track your money through text. Through SMS or text updates, you’ll know when your money is both sent and received.
- Contact customer service. If you need assistance, WorldRemit is available 24/7 toll-free at 888-722-7771 or by filling out a form online.
WorldRemit is a solid option for affordable, fast and safe money transfers around the world. To find the best provider, compare a range of money transfer providers before committing your funds to the transaction.