Enjoy value for money and access to more than 35 countries when you send funds overseas with Viamericas.
Viamericas offers a secure and convenient international money transfer service to connect its American customers with destinations around the world. With competitive exchange rates and a transfer network that encompasses South and Central America, the Caribbean, Western Europe, South and South East Asia, and Oceania, it offers a variety of bank and non-bank payout locations around the world.
Who is Viamericas?
Since 2000, Viamericas has been helping Americans safely and reliably send money around the world. With headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, Viamericas also operates regional operations centers in Mexico and Colombia. It has more than 3,000 agents in the United States and more than 60,000 agent locations around the world, allowing its customers to send funds for either cash payout or bank account deposit in 38 countries.
Viamericas offers money transfers to the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- The Philippines
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- The United Kingdom
How can you send money overseas with Viamericas?
Viamericas allows you to send money in three ways:
- Online. Visit the Viamericas website, select the country you want to send to and how much money you want to send, as well as how you want the money to be received. You can then select the payment partner you would like to use in your recipient’s country and sign up for an account by providing:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your date of birth
- Your employment details
Once you’ve provided information about the identity of your recipient, you can pay for and complete your transaction.
- Over the phone. Call the Viamericas toll-free number to lodge your remittance over the phone. Viamericas’ call center hours run from 8am to 10:30pm Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 10:30pm Sunday.
- In person. With more than 3,000 authorized agents across the United States, Viamericas makes it possible to visit your nearest agent and place your transfer in person.
There are two ways in which your recipient can access the money you send:
- Bank deposit. You can deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s overseas bank account.
- Cash pickup. The recipient can collect the funds by visiting one of Viamericas’ 60,000 agent locations around the world.
What are the pros and cons of using Viamericas?
- Large network. With more than 60,000 agent locations in 38 countries, Viamericas’ international money transfer network is extensive.
- Money transfer options. From different transfer methods to the freedom of choosing bank deposit or cash pickup, Viamericas offers increased flexibility for international money transfers.
- Customer service. Phone and live online chat customer support options are available if you have a question about a transaction.
- Competitive exchange rates. Compare the rates offered by Viamericas to see how they stack up against those of other money transfer providers.
- Not worldwide coverage. Although it does operate a sizeable network, there are other money transfer providers that offer access to a greater number of destinations around the world.
What other products does Viamericas offer?
Viamericas does not offer any other products to its customers. They specialize in handling international money transfers.
Frequently asked questions
Which banks in Mexico are part of the Viamericas network?
Funds can be sent to Mexico via bank deposit through the following payment partners: Bansefi, Bancomer, Banco Santander, Banorte, HSBC, and Envios A Tarjeta.
How do I pay for an international transfer with Viamericas?
If you wish to pay for a transaction using your bank account you will need to register and verify your bank account with Viamericas. This can be done by registering your bank account when you send your first transfer. Viamericas will soon make two small transfers into your account – you will need to select the ‘Administer Accounts’ option in your Viamericas profile and provide the amounts of those deposits to verify your account.
Can I cancel a transaction?
Yes, you can do so by contacting the Viamericas customer service team by phone or online chat.
How do I know my money is safe with Viamericas?
Viamericas is a FINCEN registered US corporation with 15 years of experience in the money transfer industry. It is licensed and bonded in every state in which it operates, and it uses advanced security technology to ensure that your money and personal details are safe.
How long will it take for my funds to arrive to my recipient?
Funds are made available at the payout location within minutes of Viamericas securing the funds from your bank account. This process can take up to three business days.
How can I check out the current exchange rates offered by Viamericas?
If you wish to see the rates on offer, you can click on the ‘Price Comparison’ tab at the top of the Viamericas homepage. You can then enter the details of your planned transfer and view the effective exchange rate for your transaction.
If you need a fast and easy way to send money overseas, consider the transfer service provided by Viamericas alongside the features and benefits of other providers. Comparing your international funds transfer options allows you to make a more informed decision.