Enjoy value and access to more than 35 countries.
See how other services compare to Viamericas
Use our comparison calculator to assess Viamericas’ transfer fees, exchange rates and other details against those of our money transfer partners.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Where can I send money to with Viamericas?
Viamericas offers money transfers to:
How can I send money overseas with Viamericas?
Viamericas allows you to send money in three ways:
- Online. Visit the Viamericas website, select the country you want to send to and how much money you want to send, and how you want the money to be received. Select the payment partner you would like to use in your recipient’s country and sign up for an account with your name, contact. Once you’ve provided information about the identity of your recipient, you can pay for and complete your transaction.
- By phone. Call the Viamericas toll-free number to initiate your transfer. Viamericas’ call center is open from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- In person. With more than 3,000 authorized agents across the United States, Viamericas makes it possible to visit your nearest agent for in-person transfers.
Your recipient can access the money you send by:
- Bank deposit. Deposit your funds directly into your recipient’s overseas bank account.
- Cash pickup. Your recipient can collect the funds at one of Viamericas’ 60,000 agent locations worldwide.
What are the pros and cons of using Viamericas?
- Large network. With more than 60,000 agent locations in 38 countries, Viamericas’ international money transfer network is extensive.
- Money transfer options. From multiple transfer options to the freedom of choosing bank deposit or cash pickup, Viamericas offers increased flexibility for international money transfers.
- Customer service. Phone and live online chat customer support options are available if you need help.
- Competitive exchange rates. Compare the rates offered by Viamericas to see how they stack up against those of other money transfer providers.
- Not worldwide coverage. Although Viamericas operates a sizeable network, other money transfer providers offer greater access to destinations around the world.
What other products does Viamericas offer?
Viamericas does not offer any other products to its customers. It specializes in international money transfers only.
What is Viamericas?
Since 2000, Viamericas has helped Americans safely and reliably send money around the world. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Viamericas also operates regional operations centers in Mexico and Colombia. It has more than 3,000 agents in the US and more than 60,000 agent locations around the world, allowing its customers to send funds for either cash payout or bank account deposit in 38 countries.
For fast and easy money transfers overseas, consider Viamericas alongside the features and benefits of other providers. Compare your international funds transfer options to find the best service for your circumstances.
Frequently asked questions
Which banks in Mexico are part of the Viamericas' network?
Funds can be sent to Mexico by bank deposit through payment partners Bansefi, Bancomer, Banco Santander, Banorte, HSBC and Envios A Tarjeta.
How do I pay for an international transfer with Viamericas?
To pay for a transfer using your bank account, you’ll need to register and verify your bank account with Viamericas with your first transfer. Viamericas will make two small transfers into your account that you’ll need to verify to confirm the bank account is yours.
Can I cancel a transaction?
Yes, you can cancel a transfer by contacting the Viamericas customer service team by phone or online chat.
How do I know my money is safe with Viamericas?
Viamericas is a FINCEN-registered US corporation with 15 years of experience in the money transfer industry. It is licensed and bonded in every state in which it operates, and it uses advanced security technology to ensure that your money and personal details are safe.
How long will it take for my funds to arrive to my recipient?
Funds are made available at the payout location within minutes of Viamericas securing the funds from your bank account. This process can take up to three business days.