BankPurely SavingPurely account review
A whopping 1.8% APY from this green company.
finder.com’s rating: 4.7 / 5.0
Online savings accounts can help you build your nest egg faster with high interest rates, and BankPurely is no exception. Check out this online account with an environmentalist twist and a very generous APY.
Minimum deposit to open
Shannon Terrell is a writer for finder.com who studied communications and English literature at the University of Toronto. On any given day, you can find her researching everything from equine financing and business loans to student debt refinancing and how to start a trust. She loves hot coffee, the smell of fresh books and discovering new ways to save her pennies.
BankPurely’s online savings account is best for those looking for a high-interest account. It offers a competitive 1.8% APY and no monthly fees. In addition, BankPurely plants a tree every time an account is opened.
But you’ll pay $15 on all domestic wire transfers.
What are the benefits of a savings account with BankPurely?
BankPurely’s online savings account comes with several competitive advantages that can help you save:
- No minimum balance. You’ll earn interest on your balance, no matter how small.
- No fees. Pay no maintenance charges or associated fees to own this account.
- High 1.8% APY. BankPurely’s APY is significantly higher than offers you’ll find at your local bank or with other online savings accounts.
- Wide ATM network. Access your money easily at any of 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide.
- Plant a tree. For every savings account opened, BankPurely plants one tree with Plant-It 2020 in New York state.
What should I look out for?
For green banking on the go, the BankPurely savings account is a solid option. But there are a few potential drawbacks to keep in mind.
- Domestic wire transfer fee. You’ll pay a $15 fee on all domestic wire transfers.
- ATM fee. If you go outside the BankPurely ATM network, you’ll pay a $3 fee to withdraw cash.
- Limited monthly transactions. Like most high-interest savings accounts, monthly transactions top out at six.
If you’re looking for an account with no wire transfer fees, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when choosing a savings account.
Compare with other savings accounts
How do I open an account?
1. Go to BankPurely’s website and click Open an Account.
2. Click Open an Account on the next page as well to get started with your application.
3. Review the list of required information and click Continue. Then select the SavingPurely account.
4. Select the SavingPurely account type you’re interested in and click Continue.
5. Complete the required fields with your full name, personal contact information and other details and submit your application.
- Be a US citizen
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Social Security number or taxpayer ID
- Have a physical US address
To open a BankPurely savings account, you’ll need to provide:
- Your Social Security number
- Your current home address and a previous home address, if you’ve lived at your current address for less than two years
- Your current US bank account and routing number
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
BankPurely might be an online-only bank, but it offers several convenient ways to access your funds:
- Online deposit. Transfer funds electronically to and from an externally linked bank account up to six times monthly.
- Direct deposit. Set up direct deposit into your BankPurely online savings account using your account number and BankPurely’s routing number.
- Mail a check. Make the check payable to yourself and mail it to BankPurely c/o iGObanking.com, P.O. Box 9000554, East Meadow, NY 11554.
- Wire transfer. Set up a wire transfer to any account held with another US financial institution for a $15 fee.
- Mobile deposit. Snap a picture of your check with your mobile device and upload the photo to your online account.
How do I get in touch with customer service?
You can contact BankPurely’s customer service in two different ways:
- Phone. Call 888-432-5890 Monday through Sunday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET.
- Email. Fill out the secure online form on BankPurely’s website to receive a reply by email within 1-2 business days.
Frequently asked questions
Savings account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top savings accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: interest rates, monthly fees, minimum deposits, customer service and account features.