Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Peugeot 3008 based on your age and location.
The Peugeot 3008 is an SUV, which falls between the 1008 and 5008 as far as size and power are concerned. It has a bold appearance and fancy interiors but other than that, it’s difficult to find too much to differentiate it in this crowded market. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it costs to insure based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Peugeot 3008 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Peugeot 3008 models range from insurance group 11 to 36, meaning costs will vary between different Peugeot 3008 insurance groups. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £731 for cover on a Peugeot 3008 Active 1.2 PureTech 130 EAT6 auto 5d that is in insurance group 11 or around £924 for a Peugeot 3008 GT Line Hybrid4 300 eEAT8 auto 5d that is in insurance group 36. This is clear impact of the premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Peugeot 3008 insurance cost by location
There are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for an Peugeot 3008 GT Line 1.5 BlueHDi 130 S&S 5d.
- Expensive: £960 (London SE1)
- Average: £800 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £588 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Peugeot 3008 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £879 for insurance for a Peugeot 3008 Allure 1.2 PureTech 130 SS EAT6 auto 5d, while you may pay £1,022 for a Peugeot 3008 GT Line Hybrid 225 e-EAT8 auto 5d.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £960 for insurance for a Peugeot 3008 Allure 1.5 BlueHDi 130 EAT8 auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £800.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,716 for the Peugeot 3008 GT Line Premium 2.0 BlueHDi 180 EAT8 auto SS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £899.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety rating and security features
- Your car’s extra anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Peugeot 3008 premiums?
When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. With that in mind, here are some ideas to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. By adding extra safety measures, you make your car less of a risk for companies to insure. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sorento insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sorento falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Mazda CX 3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mazda CX 3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.