Together Mutual Home Insurance

Together Mutual home insurance

Looking to protect your home? Find out if Together Mutual's home insurance policies provide the right level of cover for your home.

No reviews yet. Write a review

You never know what life will throw your way so it’s important to find a home insurance policy that provides good protection for your home and belongings.

Together Mutual Home Insurance offer buildings cover, contents cover or both together so you’ll know exactly what you’re getting.

Who are Together Mutual?

Together Mutual Insurance are part of a company called UIA, who have been providing customer’s with home insurance for over 100 years. They are a mutual company who are owned by their policyholders, not shareholders.

Together Mutual Insurance focus solely on home and travel insurance with the aim of making the process as simple and straight forward as possible for their customers.

What are Together Mutual’s cover options?

Together Mutual offer both building and contents insurance under Premier and Premier Plus policies. Each has a range of features and optional extras which you can include in your cover.

Together Mutual’s Classic Cover

Together Mutual Insurance offer a basic home insurance poicy for both buildings and contents cover.

Features of this include:

  • Free legal advice
  • Emergency helpline
  • Cost of rent for alternative accommodation
  • Cover for new for old replacement
  • Optional legal and identity theft protection
  • Optional home emergency cover
  • Optional personal possessions cover
Together Mutual’s Premium Cover

Together Mutual Insurance offer premium home insurance for both buildings and contents cover.

Features of this include:

  • Buildings cover
  • Public liability cover
  • Rent/Accommodation cover
  • Excess of £100
  • Trace and access cover
  • Home emergency cover
  • Access to 24 hour UK-based claims helpline
  • Interest free direct debits for buildings insurance
  • Optional domestic legal and identity theft protection
  • Optional accidental damage cover
  • Optional annual European travel cover
Together Mutual’s Premium Plus Cover

Together Mutual Insurance offer premium plus home insurance for both buildings and contents cover.

Features of this include:

  • Buildings cover
  • Public liability cover
  • Rent/Accommodation cover
  • No excess
  • Trace and access cover
  • Home emergency cover
  • Domestic legal and identity theft protection
  • Accidental damage cover
  • Annual European travel cover

What’s covered under my policy?

Together Mutual’s home insurance policies offer buildings and contents cover and protection for your home against certain risks. These include:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Riot, civil commotion, political disturbance
  • Mailicious damage
  • Collision
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Falling television and radio aerials
  • Storms or floods
  • Theft/vandalism
  • Accidental damage to underground drains, pipes, cables and tanks
  • Escaped oil/water
  • Subsidence

Together Mutual’s classic policy covers the above. The above are also covered in the Premium and Premium Plus home insurance policies. If you choose their Premium cover some extra cover is included as a standard. Check out some of these additional extras below, for a full list check out the Together Mutual home insurance policy document.

Rent/alternative accommodation
Damage by emergency services
Accidental breakage of fixed glass
Replacement lock and keys
Extended accidental damage cover
Owner’s liability to the public
Lost or damaged contents temporarily removed from premises by theft or insured events
Accidental loss or damage to contents in transit
Loss of oil or metered water following damage to buildings
Tenant’s liability
Accidental damage to televisions and other electronic equipment in the home
Loss or damage to food in domestic freezers
Cost of preparing new title deeds to buildings
Cost of replacing information bought, downloaded and stored on home entertainment devices
Cost of replacing garden plants and shrubbery if lost or damaged
Accidental damage cover
Personal liability

What is my excess?

An excess is the amount of money you contribute when you make a claim. The amount of your excess will depend on the level of cover you have and the nature of your claim. If the nature of your claim is both buildings and contents, the higher excess will be applied. It’s important to refer to your Together Mutual home policy schedule because it may be that more than one excess applies to your claim.

  • Standard excess. The standard excess is the compulsory amount you have to pay towards the cost of your claim. This will be the minimum agreed amount set by your insurer.
  • Voluntary excess. You can choose to include this excess when you decide on your cover. You can add this voluntary excess to the standard excess and it can reduce your premiums. If you can’t afford to cover a large sum in one go, it may be better to choose a lower limit with a slightly higher premium.

How much is this going to cost me?

There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Tesco home insurance premium, including:

  • The level of cover you choose. Whether you choose to use contents cover, buildings cover, or both, it will reflect on the overall price that you pay. Adding on optional extras will also add onto the price.
  • Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your home or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
  • Your home. The age of your home and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
  • Where your home is located. Certain risks, for example storm and theft, are more prevalent in certain areas, and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premiums.
  • Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.

What is the claims process for Together Mutual’s home insurance?

If you wish to make a claim, you can call Together Mutual’s claim handlers on 01438518877.

If you would rather make a claim via writing, you can write to Together Mutual Insurance, Kings Court, London Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 2TP.

You can also submit your claim online at

The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products we can track; we don't cover every product on the market...yet. Unless we've indicated otherwise, products are shown in no particular order or ranking. The terms "best", "top", "cheap" (and variations), aren't product ratings, although we always explain what's great about a product when we highlight it; this is subject to our terms of use. When making a big financial decision, it's wise to consider getting independent financial advice, and always consider your own financial circumstances when comparing products so you get what's right for you.

More guides on Finder

Go to site