Review better exchange rates than the banks and two decades of foreign exchange experience.
When you want to send money overseas, your bank is far from the most affordable option at your disposal. In fact, you can save a substantial amount of money if you’re willing to shop around for a better deal from a specialist transfer provider such as Currencies Direct.
Established in 1996, Currencies Direct handles more than $4.5 billion in currency payments for over 150,000 personal and business customers every year. As a foreign exchange specialist that trades large volumes of international currency, Currencies Direct can offer superior exchange rates to the major banks on overseas transfers.
In addition, there are no transfer fees whenever you send money overseas with Currencies Direct, and you can place transfers 24/7. You can also choose from a range of flexible transfer options to help you save both time and money. Read our review below to find out what option is best for you.
|Product Name||Currencies Direct International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 2,500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BGN, BHD, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, MAD, MUR, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RON, RUB, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||EUR 0|
|Branch Transfer Fee||EUR 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||EUR 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
Get to know Currencies Direct
Make a transfer with Azimo
Currencies Direct exchange rates
Currencies Direct updates its exchange rates throughout the day in line with fluctuations to the market exchange rate. As a company that specialises in foreign exchange, Currencies Direct can offer better exchange rates than you’ll be able to find from your bank.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Currencies Direct?
Ninety per cent of transactions carried out through Currencies Direct do not attract any transfer fees, and all online transfers are free. Instead, Currencies Direct makes money on the difference between the rate at which it purchases foreign currency (the wholesale rate) and the rate at which it sells that currency on to customers.
However, if your international transfer does incur a fee, Currencies Direct will inform you of this charge upfront.Back to top
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
There is no reference to minimum or maximum transfer limits available on the Currencies Direct website. The provider offers its transfer services to hundreds of destinations across the globe. The list of currencies you can purchase using the services of this company, include, but don’t limit to:
- US Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Mexican Peso
- Australian Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar
- Bulgarian Lev
- Swiss Franc
- Czech Koruna
- Pound Sterling
- Croatian Kuna
- Hungarian Forint
- Norwegian Krone
- Polish Złoty
- Romanian Leu
- Swedish Krona
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Israeli Shekel
- Japanese Yen
- Czech Republic Koruna
- Danish Krone
- Indian Rupee
- Moroccan Dirham
- Saudi Riyal
- Singapore Dollar
- Thai Baht
- New Turkish Lira
- Mauritius Rupee
- Bahrain Dinar
- Chinese Yen
- Russian Ruble
- South African Rand
What types of transfers can you carry out with Currencies Direct?
Currencies Direct offers the following types of transfers:
- Spot contracts. A one-off spot contract is the quickest and easiest way to send an international money transfer. You can easily lock in the best available exchange rate and send a transfer to your overseas bank account.
- Forward contracts. If there’s an attractive exchange rate available at the moment but you don’t need to send your transfer just yet, a forward contract allows you to lock in the rate you want now for a transfer that will take place up to one year in the future.
- Limit orders. A limit order allows you to send currency overseas at a guaranteed exchange rate. All you have to do is enter the exchange rate you want for your transfer, and the transaction will be completed whenever that rate becomes available.
- Regular transfers. If you need to make a regular overseas payment, Currencies Direct allows you to set up a recurring payment plan to save time.
If you ever have a question regarding a transaction or need assistance, you can use the Currencies Direct online FAQ section or contact the company’s phone or email customer support.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
Before you can send a transfer with Currencies Direct you will need to sign up for an account. This is quick, easy and free to do online, and you need to supply your name, contact information, bank account details and passport.
The next step in the process is to provide all the details of your transfer, including:
- The amount you’re sending
- Where the money is being sent
- The currency for your transaction
It’s then time to pay for your transfer. You can send funds to Currencies Direct via debit card or bank account transfer, or you may be able to use funds already in your Currencies Direct account.
Your transfer will be sent as soon as Currencies Direct has received your funds, and you’ll be able to track the progress of the transaction through your online account.Back to top
What are both sides of the story for Currencies Direct?
- No transfer fees. Online transfers with Currencies Direct do not attract any fees.
- Better exchange rates. Compare Currencies Direct’s exchange rates with those offered by your bank
- Transfer options. From limit orders and forward contracts to one-off transfers and regular payments, Currencies Direct offers flexible transfer options to help you save time and money.
- Need to sign up. In order to view Currencies Direct’s customer exchange rates, you’ll have to sign up for an account.
What other products and services does Currencies Direct offer?
- Business foreign exchange. Currencies Direct also offers its foreign exchange services to business customers, including premier transfer accounts for large businesses, stop loss orders, multiple payments and a wide range of transfer options. Businesses can also access in-depth analysis and insight on global financial markets to help them minimise their exposure to foreign exchange risks.
- Online sellers. Currencies Direct offers an array of transfer services to online services, including e-tailer collection accounts and affordable solutions to help sellers manage the costs associated with paying suppliers.
- Currency tools. Handy resources such as a currency converter, exchange rate charts and live rate information can all be accessed through the Currencies Direct website.
Frequently asked questions
Currencies Direct offers a convenient and affordable option when you need to send an international money transfer. Compare its services with what you can get from other transfer providers to find the most cost-effective way to send money overseas.