Compare Yorkshire Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Approval for any credit card will depend on your status. The representative APRs shown represent the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
What is Yorkshire Bank?
Founded in Halifax, West Yorkshire in 1859, Yorkshire Bank now has more than 180 branches across the UK. Yorkshire Bank is on the Mastercard network so its cards are accepted in more than 35 million locations worldwide.
Along with Clydesdale Bank, it is now part of the Virgin Money credit card brand.
Types of credit card in Yorkshire Bank’s range
Yorkshire Bank offers two credit cards, designed to cater to a range of requirements.
Overseas spending cards
If you travel frequently, you could take advantage of the 0% foreign transaction fee on purchases (excluding cash withdrawals) with Yorkshire Bank’s B Credit Card, as well as access to Mastercard’s Priceless Cities events and offers. It also offers Yorkshire Bank’s lowest ongoing interest rate.
Learn more about cards designed for overseas spending
O% on purchase cards
Yorkshire Bank’s purchase card offers 0% interest for a specified period on purchases made using the Gold Mastercard. If you’re planning a significant expenditure on a new card, then comparing 0% purchase cards would be a smart place to start. With this card, Yorkshire Bank also offers 0% interest on balance transfers for a shorter period than for purchases, however you cannot transfer balances from other Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank products.
Learn more about 0% purchase cards
What benefits can I get with a Yorkshire Bank credit card?
- Online account management. Yorkshire Bank’s internet banking website lets you view your balance and recent transactions, search your statements and apply for new accounts.
- App. The Yorkshire Bank app features fingerprint ID (if your phone has this functionality), allowing you to log in faster. You can use the app to create and manage payments, search transactions and opt out of printed statements.
- Global usage. Yorkshire Bank uses the Mastercard network, meaning you can use your card in more than 35 million locations worldwide.
- Security. Yorkshire Bank uses Mastercard SecureCode, a secure online shopping service which keeps your personal and bank details safe.
- Priceless Cities. Access exciting experiences and offers in cities across the world using Yorkshire Bank’s Mastercard credit cards. This includes 2 for 1 tickets to top attractions, exclusive savings on everything from high fashion to boutique floristry and discounts on restaurants and hotels.
Applying for a Yorkshire Bank credit card
You can apply for a Yorkshire Bank credit card online in around 15 minutes. Simply fill out the online form providing your personal information such as name, address, bank details, income, outgoings and work status. You can also go into a Yorkshire Bank branch or apply over the phone.
To be eligible for a Yorkshire Bank credit card, you must:
- Reside in the UK
- Be 18 or over
- Not have applied for a Yorkshire Bank credit card in the last 60 days
- Download the app to use the full range of features
- Not be currently declared bankrupt, or have had county court judgements or decrees in the last three years
Why might you not be approved?
On the whole, if you meet the eligibility requirements but have a history of bad debt or no credit history at all, you may be rejected. Equally if you are in an IVA or have had a CCJ you may not be accepted. If you have ever declared bankruptcy you are also unlikely to receive a card.
Yorkshire Bank customer reviews
Yorkshire Bank has received poor reviews from customers, according to review aggregator TrustPilot. It currently had a rating of 1.3 out of 5, based on more than 340 reviews (updated 11 March 2021). Many customers criticised the poor customer service and unresponsive app as reasons for their poor reviews.
Frequently asked questions
Find the right card for you
More guides on Finder
Compare the best business credit cards of 2022
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account review
Learn about private banking with Yorkshire Bank to see if it’s right for you.
AppToPay review: How it works and if it’s right for you
Find out how buy now pay later service AppToPay works and whether it’s the right choice for you and your next online purchase.
Bridging loan vs commercial mortgage
Find out if a bridging loan or commercial mortgage would suit you if you’re buying or refinancing commercial property and when a bridging loan can be a better option.
Limited company loans
See how to get a business loan as a limited company in the UK, and how much you can borrow.
Sole trader loans
Find out how to get a loan if you work for yourself, including which lenders offer business loans for sole traders.