Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Citroen C4 based on your age and location.
What insurance group does a Citroen C4 fall under?
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Citroen C4 models range from insurance groups 12 to 29, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable and cheaper than a lot of other car makes and models.
However, insurance costs can vary between insurance groups based on a number of different factors including your car’s performance, safety features and cost of repair. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £781 for cover on a Citroen C4 1.6 HDi VTR 5d (insurance group 15), or around £841 for a Citroen C4 Platinum BlueHDi 100 5d which falls in insurance group 23. In this specific example, the insurance cost for a model that is eleven groups higher is an extra £103 which is likely down to the increase in engine size.
You can find the insurance group and likely car insurance cost of your Citroen C4 model in the table below.
Average Citroen C4 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Citroen C4, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Citroen C4 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £71.20, or an annual sum of £801.32.
Citroen C4 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Citroen C4 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a few other factors that can affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Citroen C4 1.6 THP Exclusive 5d EGS.
- Expensive: £974 (London SE1)
- Average: £830 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £636 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Citroen C4 insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you will pay for your car insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £812 for the 1.2-litre Citroen C4 1.2 e-THP VTR+ 5d, but could pay around £841 for the 2.0-litre Citroen C4 2.0 HDi Exclusive 5d. In this example, it costs an extra £50 for a Citroen C4 model that holds an extra 0.8 litre engine capacity.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £960 for insurance for a Citroen c4 1.6 HDi Selection 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £800. As you can expect with a city that is home to over eight million people, car crime in London is much higher than it is in Newcastle. The increase of £139 for the London post code is testament to this.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,716 for the Citroen C4 1.6 BlueHDi (120bhp) XFlair 5d EAT6, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £899. In this example, a driver that is 40 years old will pay £800 less than a driver who is 20 years old.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claim discount
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 40
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 40 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 33
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 33 and how much it might cost to insure them by driver age and location.
Car insurance group 35
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 36
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 36 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 34
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 34 and how much it might cost to insure them by drivers age and location.
Car insurance group 29
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 29 and how much it costs to insure them.
Ask an Expert