Use the fields above to calculate how much cashback you will earn.
American Express® Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card
- Earn 5% cashback for the first 3 months
- Earn 0.5% ongoing cashback
- No annual fee and no annual cap on cashback
Representative example: When you spend £1,200 at a purchase rate of 28.8% (variable) p.a., your representative rate is 28.8% APR (variable).
How does cashback work?
Cashback credit cards offer you the opportunity to earn cashback when you use your card on eligible purchases.
Depending on your card’s terms, you can earn a percentage of cashback on the amount you have spent. As long as you follow the golden rule and you do not go over your credit limit and you repay your debts in full each month, you should be able to earn the full cashback amount.
Pros and cons of a cashback credit card
- Earn money for spending money.
- Earn pounds instead of points.
- Get extra features, such as complimentary travel insurance, rewards programmes and concierge services.
- Most cashback cards charge annual fees.
- They often come with higher rates of interest.
- Earning cap – make sure you take a deep dive into the T&Cs.
- The rewards are designed to encourage spending, which can lead to some people biting off more than they can chew.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Avios: Last day to swap them for Nectar points before the rate drops
From 16 November, credit card customers who exchange their Avios for Nectar points will find themselves with less spending power than before: here’s how to swap your points before it’s too late.
Earn Avios with a travel credit card and use Finder’s Avios calculator to find out how much you will earn.
Topman credit card review
With double reward points and instant spend, the Topman credit card could be the financial accessory of choice for Topman regulars.
Topshop credit card review
The Topshop Mastercard is geared towards loyal Topshop customers with bonus reward points, same-day shopping credit and a dedicated app.
London Gatwick No1 Lounge review (North terminal)
Find out how Gatwick’s premium No1 Lounge fared during peak hours, whether it’s worth the entry fee and how to enjoy complimentary access.
Bristol Airport lounge discount codes April 2023
Save money when you want to relax in style before jetting off from Bristol Airport.
Glasgow Airport lounge discount codes April 2023
Save money on Glasgow Airport’s lounges.
London Stansted Airport lounge discount codes April 2023
Save money when you relax in style before jetting off from London Stansted Airport.
Miss Selfridge credit card review
Frequent Miss Selfridge shoppers can collect points as they spend, to redeem with Arcadia brands in-store or online.
Ask an Expert