Hyundai insurance rates
What to expect when insuring a Hyundai, and the insurers that could cover you.
Hyundai is one of the top car manufacturers in the world and one that made its mark with its affordable family cars. It seems Hyundai is also rising in popularity in the UK, with 89,925 vehicles being sold in the UK in 2018. If you decide to go for a Hyundai, read on to see how much it might cost to insure.
What's in this review?
- What's the average insurance cost for a Hyundai?
- Companies that provide cover for Hyundai
- Find your Hyundai model
- How a vehicle from Hyundai affects insurance costs
- Pros and cons of a Hyundai
- Hyundai car facts
- Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
- Frequently asked questions about Hyundai
What’s the average insurance cost for a Hyundai?
The average insurance cost of a Hyundai varies by car model, your driving record, where you live and several other factors. For a Hyundai New Tucson, the most popular model in the UK, we found that the average insurance cost is £912 a year, or £119 a month. This is for fully comprehensive cover and no optional extras. Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your age, driving record, the number of miles you drive in a year and other factors.
How a vehicle from Hyundai affects insurance costs
Many factors might work in your favour when insuring a Hyundai. Car insurance providers look at the cost of the car, the cost to repair and replace it, as well as how it does in safety tests.
Hyundai’s reasonable price tag often makes it more affordable to insure. Many Hyundais also get great safety ratings, which can further decrease the cost of insurance. However, some models might be more of a target to thieves, including the i10, i30, i30 1.4 T-GDI, iX35 Fuel Cell, i40 and Santa Fe with their keyless entry systems.
Pros and cons of a Hyundai
- Good safety ratings
- Affordable price tag
- Reasonable insurance rates
- Some models are targeted by criminals
Hyundai car facts
- Hyundai has the world’s largest plant in Ulsan, South Korea, which is capable of building 1.5 million cars annually. It is known as the ‘forest plant’ as there are some 58,000 trees planted within the site.
- The name “Hyundai” comes from the Korean word for “modernity”.
- Following Kia’s bankruptcy in 1997 during the Asian financial crisis, Hyundai became Kia’s largest stakeholder and now part owns Kia Motors.
- Hyundai owns luxury car division Genesis Motors, which became a car marque in its own right in 2015. The G90 luxury saloon, its flagship model, the G80 executive saloon and G70 compact executive, are available in the US. Although there are plans for Genesis models to appear in the UK, at the time of writing, Genesis Motors are currently not sold in the UK.
- Hyundai models do extremely well in safety tests from the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP). More recently, the Hyundai i20, ix35, ix20, i40, Veloster, i30 and Tucson have all scored the maximum five-star rating.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Hyundai
Read more on this topic
Car insurance group 7 Find out how much it might cost to insure a car in insurance group 7.
Classes of use: How they affect the cost of your car insurance Find out what classes of use means in car insurance and how to choose the right one based on your individual circumstances.
Vauxhall Adam insurance group and cost Find out the car insurance costs for a Vauxhall Adam based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Suzuki Alto insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance in the UK for a Suzuki Alto based on the driver's age and their location.
Car insurance group 8 Find out the list of cars in insurance group 8 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 10 Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 10 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 9 Find out the list of cars in insurance group 9 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Best car insurance for over 50s in the UK right now We've reviewed and rated the best car insurance providers out there in the UK for over 50s.
Mazda RX-8 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda RX-8 based on the driver's age and location.
Peugeot 107 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Peugeot 107 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Ask an Expert