Audi A8 insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A8 and how you could save.
The A8 is typical of Audi’s luxury range. A sleek and efficient four-door sedan, the A8 has gone through several generations and facelifts since its debut in 1994. It might be presumed that for such a stylish car, especially one that was described by multiple car magazines as a technological marvel, the insurance will be astronomical. Not so fast!
Whilst the A8 may be quite pricey, read on to see just how much you’d be paying – and how you can save!
How much will it cost to insure an Audi A8?
Average car insurance for the A8 works out as an annual payment of £1,122.95, or monthly instalments of £104.37. These figures were generated from an average of various quotes offered by insurance companies, using the following criteria:
- 2018 Audi A8 model
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a driveway overnight
- Five years no claims discount applied
Which factors can affect insurance rates for an Audi A8?
- Model of car (particularly type and year of release)
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- The engine capacity of the Audi has a remarkable impact on the price of car insurance. The 3L A8, the lowest capacity you can buy, will result in an average monthly premium of £98.05. This rockets up to £124.76 if you opt for the most powerful, a whopping 6.3L engine.
- Audi is no stranger to lawsuits. In 1995, the company was sued by the International Olympic Committee for copyright infringement. The reason? The IOC believed Audi’s four-ring logo was too similar to the classic Olympic rings, which had originated in 1912. Audi won the case.
- The 2018 Audi A8 can go from 0 to 60mph in 5.4 seconds.
- There are 36,520 stitches in the leather upholstery of an Audi A8.
How safe is the Audi A8?
The Audi A8 has yet to be put forward for the Euro NCAP, although many expect it to perform well given its raft of safety measures and technology designed to limit the effect – or stop altogether – accidents on the road.
The Audi A8’s safety features include parking assist, occupancy sensor, theft deterrent alarm system and low tire pressure warning.
More guides on Finder
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi SQ5 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi R8 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi R8 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi A3 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A3 and our tips and tricks to help you save on your premiums.