Get affordable, instant money transfers between the US and India.
Money2India is an easy online money transfer platform provided by India’s ICICI Bank. As the name suggests, it specializes in transfers to India from the US, the UK, Canada and other select countries worldwide.
Money2India offers competitive exchange rates and low fees, and if you transfer more than $1,000, you won’t pay a service fee for your transaction.
Get money to friends and family in India when they need it.
Money2India offers a standard ACH transfer option that guarantees delivery within five business days and an express option that delivers your cash within an hour to ICICI Bank accounts and two hours to accounts at other Indian banks.
Money2India is best for:
- Money transfers to India. Money2India.com is designed to offer a secure and affordable way to send funds to India.
- Speedy transfers. Funds can arrive in your recipient’s bank account in as little as an hour or two.
- Bank account transfers. You can transfer funds to any bank account in India.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Money2India?
Money2India’s structure is straightforward: a low $3 fee for transfers of up to 65,000 INR (about $975) and no fee for higher amounts. Keep in mind that in accordance with India’s Finance Act, you will need to pay a Conversion Service Tax will apply to your transfer — from about 50 cents to about $15 combined with a maximum equivalent of 0.0145% of your total for the largest transfers.
Money2India offers competitive exchange rates, which it updates regularly to reflect the changing market. It also confirms its exchange rates with the Fixed Rupee Transfer option, providing you with the security of knowing your exact rate before you send funds.
What types of transfers can I send with Money2India?
Money2India allows you to send cash by ACH transfer.
- Express e-transfer. Available to select Money2India users, this service allows for one-hour transfers to ICICI Bank accounts and two-hour transfers to accounts with other Indian banks. With a low transfer fee of $3 for smaller transfers, you’ll pay nothing for transfers equivalent to 65,000 INR (just under $975) or more.
- Standard e-transfer. This ACH transfer option guarantees transfers within five business days. Like express e-transfer, you’ll pay a low transfer fee of $3 for transfers under 65,000 INR (about $975) and nothing for higher transfers.
- Recurring transfers. Send weekly, monthly or quarterly payments to India by scheduling recurring payments
Available currencies and countries
Money2India is set up to exchange your US dollars into Indian rupees to be sent to your recipient in India. You can also send money through Money2India from the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emerites
How do I send money overseas with Money2India?
With Money2India you can easily send funds to accounts at more than 100 Indian banks. You’ll first need to register for a free Money2India account by providing some basic personal details.
Once approved, you’ll log in to your Money2India account, specify your recipient and account information and enter the details of your transfer. You’ll receive a tracking number for monitoring the progress of your transfer to receipt.
What is Money2India?
ICICI Bank operates the online Money2India transfer service for customers in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, the UAE, Switzerland and Sweden. The largest private-sector bank in India, ICICI’s boasts total assets of $103 billion and more than 4,000 branches across India.
How does Money2India compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
What do customers say about ICICI Bank?
The overwhelming amount of reviews for ICICI Bank on TrustPilot fall into the “bad” category, with a TrustPilot TrustScore of 1.6 out of 10.
If you need to contact ICICI Bank, you can initiate a chat online, send an email to NRI@ICICIBank.com, call 866-424-2448 or connect on Facebook @ICICIBankNriServices.