Get affordable and instant money transfers between the US and India.
How does Money2India compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can I send money overseas with Money2India?
With Money2India’s, you can easily send funds to accounts at more than 100 Indian banks. You’ll first need to register for a free Money2India account by providing:
- Your country of residence.
- Your name and date of birth.
- Your contact details.
Once approved, you’ll log in to your Money2India account, specify your recipient and account information and enter the details of your transfer. You’ll receive a tracking number for monitoring the progress of your transfer to receipt.
What types of transfers can I send with Money2India?
Money2India allows you to send cash by:
- Express e-transfer. Available to select Money2India users, this service allows for one-hour transfers to ICICI Bank accounts and two-hour transfers to accounts with other Indian banks. With a low transfer fee of $3 for lower transfers, you’ll pay nothing for transfers equivalent to 65,000 INR (just under $975) or more.
- Standard e-transfer. This ACH transfer option guaranteed transfers within five business days. Like express e-transfer, you’ll pay a low transfer fee of $3 for transfers under 65,000 INR (about $975) and nothing for higher transfers.
The Automated Clearing House (ACH) is a network that moves money and information between bank accounts through direct deposits and payments. It processes more than $40 trillion each year and supports more than 90 percent of all electronic payments in the United States.
What are the pros and cons of using Money2India?
- Fast transfers. Funds can arrive in your recipient’s bank account in as little as an hour.
- Customer support. Take advantage of 24/7 expert advice if you need help.
- Convenient. Initiate a transfers online or through Money2India’s app.
- Confirmed rates. Guaranteed exchange rates through its Fixed Rupee Transfer Facility.
- Transfers limited to India only. Money2India does not transfer money to other countries.
What is ICICI Bank?
ICICI Bank operates the online Money2India transfer service for customers in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, the UAE, Switzerland and Sweden. The largest private-sector bank in India, ICICI’s boasts total assets of $103 billion and more than 4,000 branches across India.
ICICI has won a host of awards each year, including the Asia Centre for Corporate Governance and Sustainability’s Best CSR & Sustainability Practices Award for 2016.
Frequently asked questions
I want to send 25,000 INR to India from the US — will I have to pay a fee?
Yes. For transfers of less than 65,000 INR (about $975), you’ll pay a $3 transfer fee.
Does Money2India have an app?
Yes. You can download Money2India’s app to send transfers from your smartphone at any time.
Can I track the status of Money2India transfer?
Yes. Once you’ve initiated your transfer, you’ll receive a tracking number to check the progress of your transaction online through your Money2India account.
How can I confirm whether my account can send Express E-transfers?
Log in to your Money2India account and click “Modes.” If you see “Express E-transfers,” you can begin sending expedited transfers. If you don’t see this option, call or email Money2India with your login ID and recipient account details to confirm your eligibility.
Can I cancel a transaction after initiating it?
Yes, you can cancel a transaction through the “Track a Transaction” tool in your Money2India online account. You have 30 minutes after initiating your transfer to cancel it.
What is the Express E-transfer Service Guarantee?
Money2India guarantees that your money will arrive in your recipient’s bank account within 24 hours or it will refund your transfer fee.
Can I set up recurring transfers?
Yes, you can set up recurring Express E-transfers to take care of any regular payment needs.