Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Honda roadside assistance
Get help for minor breakdowns as well as food and lodging if you break down.
When you buy a new or certified used Honda, you can receive helpful roadside service with trip interruption and assistance getting airline information. However, you might get better roadside coverage from an insurer if you opt out of an extended warranty or if it offers benefits beyond Honda’s well-rounded package.
What’s included with Honda roadside assistance?
Honda’s roadside program helps with basic problems as well as the inconvenience of a breakdown. It provides standard roadside services, trip interruption and information assistance so that you can get up and running again.
- Towing. Get towed to the nearest Honda dealership for mechanical breakdowns or accidents.
- Winching. If your car gets stuck in a nearby ditch, get assistance in retrieving it.
- Battery jumpstart. Give your battery the juice it needs to get to your destination.
- Changing a flat. Receive help for switching out a flat tire for your spare.
- Lockouts. Get assistance in unlocking your car if your keys are lost, broken or stolen.
- Fuel delivery. Get two gallons of fuel delivered straight to your car, up to twice per year. You’ll need your VIN on hand.
- Trip interruption. If you break down over 100 miles from home, get reimbursed $100 a day for food, lodging and transportation for up to three days.
- Airline information. Honda helps you get information on flight times and prices if your car breaks down and you need to keep traveling.
- Message relay. During an emergency, Honda helps relay messages to your loved ones after you provide their contact information.
- 24/7 help. Your roadside help is available any hour, any day of the week in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico.
Which cars are covered by Honda roadside assistance?
Honda’s roadside assistance covers its 2015 models or newer for as long as the warranty is three years or 36,000 miles. Cars with fuel cells, like the Clarity, or electric car owners get three years and unlimited-mileage assistance.
In addition, Certified Preowned Honda vehicles also qualify for the Honda Care Certified Additional Coverage at an extra cost. These plans include roadside assistance.
How much does it cost?
Honda’s roadside assistance is included with its warranties, and new cars come with a warranty and free roadside service. In addition, Honda includes a guarantee for extended warranties that you’ll sign off on covered repairs without paying out of pocket.
How do I contact Honda roadside assistance?
Getting assistance can be quick and easy when you contact Honda’s 24-hour service. If you own a standard Honda, call 866-864-5211. For fuel cell or electric cars, call 866-372-5139.
What info do I need to call for roadside help?
Before contacting for roadside assistance, you might keep some key information handy. That includes your:
- Car VIN
- License plate number
- Vehicle color
Should I get roadside help through Honda or my insurance?
Honda provides an extra level of service with its roadside assistance, meeting all your basic needs plus trip interruption. However, there may be situations when an insurance company gives you more benefit.
- All-in-one package. If you still have a warranty, using an attached roadside service makes sense. But you might forget the service exists if you no longer have manufacturer ties with a warranty or car loan.
- Cost. This coverage is free for new car owners while your insurance charges a monthly fee. However, you might consider the cost differences if you own a Certified Preowned Honda along with the value of services included.
- Coverage. Honda’s roadside package includes trip interruption, which isn’t true of every manufacturer. An insurance company might consider these two separate types of coverage and charge accordingly.
- Limits. You might compare your options between Honda’s and your insurer’s roadside coverage. For example, you might get more trip interruption benefits or service calls per year with one.
- Low mileage. If you don’t travel far or use public transportation, you might save money by forgoing any expense for this coverage. However, free roadside assistance never hurts.
Alternatives to Honda roadside assistance
Honda offers an extensive warranty and roadside service package, helping you foot travel expenses and get information you need to get back on the road again.
However, if you need more benefits or don’t qualify for an extended warranty, you can shop several providers who offer roadside service for the best coverage.
Frequently asked questions about Honda roadside assistance
Ask an Expert