Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
Get 24/7 towing and roadside coverage by Liberty Mutual for as low as $1 a month.
What’s included with Liberty Mutual roadside assistance?
When you add roadside to your Liberty Mutual policy, you can choose from $50 to $200 of towing and labor coverage to apply to these services.
- Mechanical labor at the breakdown site.
- Towing to the nearest repair facility if your vehicle is not drivable.
- Winch or pull if your car is stuck.
- Fuel delivery.
- Locksmith services if you’re locked out or lose a key.
- Jump starting a dead battery.
- Tire changes.
How much does Liberty Mutual roadside assistance cost?
Liberty Mutual’s roadside assistance add-on typically costs less than $1 per month. However, the exact cost varies depending on your vehicle and amount of coverage you need.
How to get towing coverage from Liberty Mutual
Roadside assistance coverage is only available as an add-on to existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policies. However, add this coverage when you sign up for Liberty Mutual car insurance or later.
- If you’re signing up for a new policy, select roadside assistance from the list of add-ons when prompted.
- If you have an existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policy, log in to your account and navigate to the online policy change page. From there, you can adjust coverage or review other details about your policy.
- Once you have Roadside Assistance on your policy, you can call or request service on the mobile app.
How do I use Liberty Mutual roadside assistance?
If you find yourself in need of roadside assistance, there are two ways you can get in touch with Liberty Mutual.
Call 800-426-9898 to speak with a representative who will dispatch a technician to your location.
Using the app
- Log in to your Liberty Mutual account.
- Tap Accident & Roadside Support.
- When asked which type of claim you’re reporting, tap Tow/Assistance.
- Select which service you need.
- Enter your location and submit your claim.
Customers say that the estimated time when they call is about an hour, but wait times can vary depending on availability, your location, what type of assistance you need and other factors.
What’s not covered?
Unlike some other insurers, Liberty Mutual doesn’t have many coverage restrictions. Coverage and exclusions vary depending on state regulations and other variables, so check your terms and conditions for more details.
- Coverage radius. When you select a plan, you’ll see the distance or maximum mileage that Liberty Mutual will pay for before it charges you for the mileage, typically applied to towing. If your car breaks down, your vehicle gets towed to the nearest qualified repair shop. Liberty Mutual doesn’t go into the specifics of its coverage without signing up for a policy, so confirm details with your agent.
- Parts. The cost of fuel and any other replacement parts are not included in your plan.
Roadside assistance is an optional extra that you can add to any new or existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policy. It can save you when you’re in a pinch or provide extra peace of mind while you’re traveling, and the best part is the price.
Coverage is available for around $1 per month, though costs may vary depending on your policy, vehicle, location and other factors. Compare other roadside assistance plans to find one that’s right for you.
Alternatives to Liberty Mutual towing and roadside service
More guides on Finder
RefiJet helps you save on your monthly car payment or interest with a few simple steps.
Savvy car insurance review
This insurance shopping tool compares 100+ companies and prefills your quote forms.
GM OnStar car insurance review
Existing users can get a discount, but coverage is only offered in Arizona for now.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Texas disaster assistance for the 2021 Winter Storm
Here’s where to get financial help for yourself and your business if you’ve been affected by the storm in February 2021.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
Compare tuition insurance
If your child gets sick or injured and has to take time away from college, tuition insurance can reimburse you for what you already paid.
Heacock Classic car insurance review August 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Aug 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Ask an Expert