We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
Get towing coverage and roadside help from Liberty Mutual for a few dollars a month.
No matter how far you’re traveling or how much you’ve planned ahead, roadside breakdowns happen. You could call for immediate roadside assistance, but service costs and availability may vary, making it tough to get the coverage you need.
Liberty Mutual’s optional roadside assistance add-on provides 24/7 coverage — plus towing and labor — to ensure you’re never stranded.
What does Liberty Mutual include in roadside assistance?
When you add 24/7 roadside assistance coverage to your Liberty Mutual insurance policy, you’ll get access to:
- Mechanical labor at the breakdown site.
- Towing to the nearest repair facility if your vehicle is not drivable.
- Winch or pull if your car is stuck.
- Fuel delivery.
- Locksmith services if you’re locked out or lose a key.
- Jump starting a dead battery.
- Tire changes.
What’s not covered?
Unlike some other insurers, Liberty Mutual doesn’t have many coverage restrictions. Coverage and exclusions vary depending on state regulations and other variables, so check your terms and conditions for more details.
- Coverage radius. When you select a plan, you’ll choose your coverage area. If your car breaks down, your vehicle’s towed to the nearest qualified facility. If you’re outside of that area, you’ll pay extra for towing outside Liberty Mutual’s designated area. Liberty Mutual doesn’t go into the specifics of its coverage without signing up for a policy, so confirm specifics with your agent.
- Parts. The cost of fuel and any other replacement parts are not included in your plan.
How do I get towing coverage from Liberty Mutual?
Roadside assistance coverage is only available as an add-on to existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policies. However, add this coverage when you sign up for Liberty Mutual car insurance or later.
- If you’re signing up for a new policy, select roadside assistance from the list of add-ons when prompted.
- If you have an existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policy, log in to your account and navigate to the online policy change page. From there, you can adjust coverage or review other details about your policy.
- Once you have Roadside Assistance on your policy, you can call or request service on the mobile app.
How much does Liberty Mutual roadside assistance cost?
The cost of Liberty Mutual roadside assistance varies depending on your vehicle and amount of coverage you need, but this add-on generally costs less than $1 per month.
How do I use Liberty Mutual roadside assistance?
If you find yourself in need of roadside assistance, there are two ways you can get in touch with Liberty Mutual.
Call 800-426-9898 to speak with a representative who will dispatch a technician to your location.
Using the app
- Log in to your Liberty Mutual account.
- Tap Accident & Roadside Support.
- When asked which type of claim you’re reporting, tap Tow/Assistance.
- Select which service you need.
- Enter your location and submit your claim.
Alternatives to Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
Roadside assistance is an optional extra that you can add to any new or existing Liberty Mutual car insurance policy. It can save you when you’re in a pinch or provide extra peace of mind while you’re traveling, and the best part is the price.
Coverage is available for around $1 per month, though costs may vary depending on your policy, vehicle, location and other factors. Compare other roadside assistance plans to find one that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions about Liberty Mutual towing
Read more on this topic
When can I use my phone when driving? When are you allowed to use your phone while driving in each state?
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ask an Expert