Get the help you need when on the road
No matter how well you plan, a flat tire or a dead battery is bound to happen eventually. One way to get back on the road quicker is by adding towing insurance to your policy.
Get free roadside assistance from companies like Geico
How to get Geico towing insurance
You can add Geico’s emergency roadside service coverage to your policy for $14 a year, per car. If you’re already a policyholder, log in to your account from the emergency roadside service page and follow the steps to add the coverage to your existing plan.
If you’re not a Geico customer, you’ll need to first sign up for Geico car insurance or transfer your policy and include emergency roadside assistance in your options.
What does Geico’s emergency roadside service cover?
With Geico’s roadside assistance, you get 24/7 help for:
- Jumpstarts for dead car batteries
- Labor to change flat tires
- Towing that’s not related to an accident
- Lockout services for up to $100
Does Geico’s emergency roadside service cover reimbursements?
Yes. If you’ve recently accessed the services of Geico’s towing coverage and paid out of your own pocket, you can submit the original copy of your road service bill along with your policy number to Geico to get your reimbursement check.
Send your reimbursement requests for towing services to email@example.com, or fax them to Geico’s offices at 866-954-3761. You can also send in your request by mail to:
- Emergency Road Service
- PO Box 8075
- Macon, GA, 31208-8075
Do I need emergency roadside service on my Geico policy for towing to be covered?
Yes. To avoid paying out of pocket for towing, you’ll need to add roadside assistance to your existing Geico policy. This could cost as little as $14 a year for each car on your policy.
How do I request a tow from Geico?
Get roadside assistance from Geico for as little as $14 annually for each car to get back on the road more quickly. If you’re stranded with a flat tire, call for help with Geico’s emergency roadside service (ERS) through Geico’s mobile app, then:
- Tell Geico what’s wrong. Select your need from a list of roadside emergencies. Click Save to continue.
- Confirm your information. Your car’s make, model and color will pop up on the next screen. If the info is correct, click Save.
- Confirm your location. Geico’s app uses your phone’s GPS to find your location. If your location on the map is correct, click Submit. After you confirm, you’ll receive an incident number and an ETA for your assistance. Refresh the screen for real-time updates.
For a small additional cost, Geico’s emergency roadside service offers 24/7 roadside assistance for flat tires, jumpstarts, lockouts and more. Compare more coverage options and companies that offer roadside assistance to create your ideal policy.