No matter how well you plan, a flat tire or a dead battery is bound to happen eventually. One way to get back on the road quickly with fewer headaches is by adding towing insurance to your policy.
With Geico’s emergency roadside service, you can get towing help and more 24/7 online or through a convenient app.
How to get Geico towing insurance
You can add Geico’s emergency roadside service coverage to your policy for only $14 a year per car.
If you’re already a policyholder, log in to your account from the emergency roadside service page and follow the steps to add this coverage to your existing plan.
If you’re not a Geico customer, you’ll need to first sign up or transfer your policy, and make sure you include emergency roadside assistance in your options.
What does Geico’s emergency roadside service cover?
With Geico’s roadside assistance, you get 24/7 help for:
- Jump-starts for dead car batteries
- Labor to change flat tires
- Towing that’s not related to an accident
- Lockout services for up to $100
Does Geico’s emergency roadside service cover reimbursements?
Yes. If you’ve recently accessed the services of Geico’s towing coverage and paid out of your own pocket, you can submit the original copy of your road service bill along with your policy number to Geico to get your reimbursement check.
Send your reimbursement requests for towing services to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax them to Geico’s offices at 866-954-3761. You can also send in your request by mail to:
Emergency Road Service
PO Box 8075
Macon, GA, 31208-8075
Do I need emergency roadside service on my policy for towing to be covered by Geico?
Yes. To avoid paying out of pocket for any towing necessary to get your car back up and running, you’ll need to add roadside assistance to your existing Geico policy, which could cost as little as $14 a year for each car on your policy.
How does Geico’s emergency roadside service work?
Get roadside assistance from Geico for as little as $14 annually for each car to get back on the road more quickly. Say you’re stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. Call for help with Geico’s emergency roadside service (ERS) through Geico’s mobile app.
- Tell Geico what’s wrong. Select your need from a list of roadside emergencies and click Save and continue.
- Confirm your information. Your car’s make, model and color will pop up on the next screen. If the info is correct, click Save and continue.
- Confirm your location. Geico’s app uses your phone’s GPS to find your location. If your location on the map is correct, click Submit. After you confirm, you’re provided an incident number and an ETA for your assistance. And you can even refresh the screen to get real-time updates.
Compare alternatives to Geico for roadside assistance
For a small additional cost, Geico’s emergency roadside service offers 24/7 roadside assistance for flat tires, jump-starts, lockouts and more. Compare more coverage options and companies that offer roadside assistance to create a policy that’s best for your needs.