Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card review
A student card that earns an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all spending.
- Get this card if you want a student card that earns flat cash back on all purchases
- Pick something else if you need an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers
- Apply with limited or no credit history or a fair score of 580 or higher.
1.5% cashback on all purchases
New to credit
Minimum Credit Score
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is Capital One’s other new student card alongside the Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card. It earns an unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases, has no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees and carries a 26.99% variable APR.
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is a bit more modest than the SavorOne Student Cash Rewards, which earns an unlimited 3% back on select categories. While the 1.5% cash back offered by the Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards card is respectable, it isn’t that unusual for a student card.
With that said, the Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards has additional card perks that make it stand out from its competitors: Capital One will consider your account for a credit line increase in six months if you maintain good standing, and it offers such protections as price protection, cell phone protection, extended warranties on eligible purchases and even a concierge service.
The Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards otherwise maintains the downsides held by the SavorOne Student, such as a high ongoing APR and lack of intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. As such, the Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards is a solid student card option, but doesn’t stand among the best on the market.
How to apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
To apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card:
- Select Apply now.
- Fill out the requested information, including your name, email address, phone number, company and number of employees, then choose Continue.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card benefits
- Earn unlimited cash back. Earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this student card.
- Credit limit upgrade available. Make your payments on time and maintain good account standing and Capital One may consider your account for a credit limit increase.
- Price protection. Receive reimbursement on eligible purchases within 120 days if you find a lower price on that item.
- Cell phone protection. Pay your cell phone bill with the card each month to be eligible for coverage should your cell phone get stolen or need certain repairs.
- Extended warranty. You’ll receive double the original manufacture or store warranty on eligible purchases.
- Car rental coverage. Eligible car rentals purchased with your card may be covered for physical damage and theft.
- Road assistance. You’ll have 24-hour access to a toll-free dispatch service should you need roadside help.
- Concierge service. The Quicksilver Student card offers concierge services 24-hours a day from home and when you travel.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card drawbacks
- High ongoing APR. The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card‘s APR starts at a 26.99% variable. The industry average is around 16% in comparison.
- No intro APR. If you need an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers, you’ll need to look at your other student card options.
- No signup bonus. This card doesn’t offer a signup bonus for reaching a spending threshold within a set time period.
Compare student credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, consider other student credit cards on the market. Consider factors such as the card’s annual fee, APR, how well it can help you build credit and any other perks it might offer that will serve you.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card customer reviews and complaints
Capital One has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1995 and has an A rating from the organization as of October 2021. Of the 7,000+ complaints, all have been closed to satisfaction.
The provider earns a 1.3 out of 5 customer rating on Trustpilot, with some customers complaining of the provider putting their funds on hold.
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t offer quite the value you’ll find on the SavorOne Student Cash Rewards. However, it is still a strong option – 1.5% cash back on a student card is nothing to sneeze at. But if you think you can qualify for a stronger option, investigate competing student credit cards to find one that suits your needs.