Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Sign up to send money to more than 190 countries.
Unimoni offers competitive exchange rates in 110 currencies, but you can’t see how much a transfer will cost until after you sign up.
Must read: Not available for US senders
Unimoni is not available for US senders.
If you’re a US resident, compare providers that are available to you.
- Wide range of supported currencies
- Bank transfers and cash payouts
- Competitive rates
- Easy to use
Not so great for
- Paying by credit/debit card
- Transparent fee information
- US residents
Compare Unimoni to other brands
Since Unimoni isn’t available to US customers, you can find similar providers who can help you send a transfer here.
Unimoni exchange rates and fees
Unimoni adds a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate before selling currency to its customers. The mid-market rate is the rate you see listed on Google and Reuters.
The company also charges a transaction fee on all transfers, which varies depending on where you’re sending money and the type of transfer you select.
What types of transfers does Unimoni support?
- Online money transfers. You can send a transfer directly to your recipient’s overseas bank account through the Unimoni website or mobile app.
- Cash pickups. You can send an instant cash transfer to 200,000 cash collection locations around the world. This service is offered in conjunction with Xpress Money and MoneyGram. Your recipient can collect the funds by visiting the nominated cash pickup location and providing photo ID and the transaction reference number.
Benefits and drawbacks
- Competitive exchange rates. Use Unimoni’s online exchange rate calculator to see how its rates compare to those offered by other transfer services.
- Payout options. You have the flexibility of sending either a bank account deposit or cash pickup transfer.
- Easy to use. Unimoni’s online platform is easy to navigate and use.
- Wide range of currencies supported. Unimoni allows you to send overseas transfers to more than 110 currencies.
- Limited fee information. If you want to calculate the fees and charges that will apply to your transfer, you’ll first need to sign up for a Unimoni account.
- Bank account payments only. If you want to pay for your transfer with your credit/debit card or cash, you’ll need to consider using a different transfer service.
- Not available to US senders. Unimoni is only available to senders in select countries — and the US isn’t one of them.
How long does a transfer with Unimoni take?
Transfer speeds will vary depending on the delivery method you’ve selected.
- Cash payout transfer. Almost immediately.
- Bank account transfer. 2–3 business days.
Unimoni allows you to transfer money to more than 190 countries. Supported currencies include:
- INR Indian rupees
- PHP Philippine pesos
- PKR Pakistani rupees
- LKR Sri Lankan rupees
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- USD US dollars
- EUR Euros
- GBP British pounds
How to register for an account
To register for an account with Unimoni, follow these steps.
- Visit the Unimoni website and select Sign up.
- Select the New User tab and provide your name, mobile number, email address and password.
- Verify that you’re 18 years or older.
- Review the terms and conditions and privacy statement.
- Select the Upload Document tab and verify your account by uploading proof of ID and a proof of address document.
How do I make an international money transfer with Unimoni?
Here’s what you’ll need to do to send money overseas with Unimoni:
- Visit the Unimoni website and log in to your account.
- Choose whether you want to send a bank transfer or a cash payout transfer.
- Add your recipient’s name, contact details and bank account details, if required.
- Enter the amount and currency you want to send.
- Choose your payment method.
- Review all transaction details and click “Send” to finalize your transfer.
What is Unimoni?
Unimoni is a global money transfer, foreign currency exchange, credit solutions and payment provider. It is part of the UAE Exchange group of companies, which was founded in 1980 and has its headquarters in Abu Dhabi. The group operates in 31 countries around the world and has served more than 15 million customers.
Unimoni offers competitive exchange rates and fast transfers, but it’s only available to senders in select countries. If you’re sending from the US, compare other transfer providers to find one that fits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Image source: Supplied, Photographer: Unimoni
More guides on Finder
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Help your child learn to spend and save wisely with a virtual, COPPA-compliant debit card.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Sigue international money transfers review
Sigue offers speedy money transfers to 50+ countries, but you have to set up a transfer to see the transaction fees.
Fast track your savings goals with this automation and budgeting app.
Boss Revolution money transfer review
Join Boss Revolution with an email address and phone number, and send money within minutes.
Titan Invest review
Invest like a hedge fund with Titan Invest. Learn more.
Invest in your child’s future and encourage others to do so, too. Learn about EarlyBird.
Usend combines money transfers, bill pay and mobile phone reloading.
Paysend offers transfers to more than 70 countries through its app and online service.
Ask an Expert