Toyota RAV4 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for the Toyota RAV4 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
Toyota RAV4 car models fall within car insurance groups 25-30, which means the cost of your premium should fall somewhere in the middle in comparison to other makes and models.
However, the costs may vary slightly between different Toyota RAV4 insurance groups due to differing factors such as the trim levels, engine size and safety features. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £868 for cover on a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid 2.5 5d, or around £906 for a Toyota RAV4 Dynamic AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Toyota RAV4 model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Toyota RAV4 insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Toyota RAV4 insurance cost by location
There’s a number of factors that affect the cost of your insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Toyota RAV4 Excel FWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d.
- Expensive: £1,010 (London SE1)
- Average: £882 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £683 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect the insurance rate for my Toyota RAV4?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger the engine, the more you will pay for your car insurance. However, Toyota RAV4s are built with a 2.5-litre engine as standard so the size of the engine shouldn’t impact the cost in this circumstance.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the number of claims and the likelihood of theft or damage when calculating your insurance, and your location has a big impact on this. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,033 for insurance for a Toyota RAV4 Design AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £902.
- Driver age. In terms of cost, your age is probably the most significant factor that insurers look at when calculating the cost of your insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,819 for the Toyota RAV4 Dynamic AWD Hybrid 2.5 VVT-i auto 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £953.
However, there are other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include:
- Your relationship status
- Your credit history
- Your job title
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- No claim discount
How can I save on my Toyota RAV4 premium?
It’s a well-known fact that insuring a vehicle can be an expensive outlay. If you add this to additional costs such as car tax, petrol, MOTs, servicing and maintenance, it can cost a lot to be on the road.
Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to reduce your car insurance premium for your Toyota RAV4, and we’ve listed them below:
- Drive safe. It may sound obvious, but having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Be economical about your car usage. You could save money on your insurance by not using your car as often. Opting for public transport or walking when you can will help keep your mileage, and premium, lower.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the better your premium will be. By investing in extra safety features, your vehicle will be more secure and less of a risk to insure.
- Shop around at renewal time. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options – you’ll be surprised at how much you could save by looking around for a cheaper quote.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Jeep Renegade insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jeep Renegade falls under, how much it might cost to insure one and how to save on your car insurance.
Mitsubishi Colt insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mitsubishi Colt falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Celica insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to inure a Toyota Celica based on the specific model version.
Suzuki Vitara insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Vitara falls under and the average cost of car insurance.
Toyota Avensis insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Avensis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Fusion insurance group and cost
Find out how much it costs to insure a Ford Fusion based on the model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan 350z insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure your Nissan 350Z based on the driver’s age and their location.
Peugeot 308 insurance group and cost
Find out how much it costs to insure a Peugeot 308 based on the driver’s age and their location.
Car insurance group 31
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 31 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and their location.
Peugeot 2008 insurance group and cost
Find out the insurance group for your Peugeot 2008, how much it should cost to insure and how to save on your premium.
Ask an Expert