Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Suzuki SX4 based on your age and location.
The Suzuki SX4 is a subcompact crossover SUV that has been made since 2006. In this guide, you’ll discover how much you could expect to pay to insure a Suzuki SX4.
What insurance group does the Suzuki SX4 fall under?
Every vehicle is assigned a specific insurance group, ranging from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. You’ll find Suzuki SX4 models in insurance groups from 13 to 20, meaning you’ll pay less than average to insure this vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £756 for cover on a Suzuki SX4 1.6 GL 5d that is in insurance group 13 or around £816 for a Suzuki SX4 2.0 DDiS SZ5 4X4 5d that is in insurance group 30.
Suzuki SX4 insurance cost by location
Of all the aspects that have an impact on the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the most important is your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Suzuki SX4 1.6 DDiS SZ4 5d.
- Expensive: £948 (London SE1)
- Average: £791 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £578 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Suzuki SX4 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, here are some other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. Cars with larger more powerful engines typically cost more to insure. For example, it may cost £895 for insurance for a Suzuki SX4 1.6 GL 5d, while you may pay £968 for a Suzuki SX4 1.6 X-EC 5d. So, that’s an extra £73 per year for a more powerful engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your address to determine the level of risk of your car being stolen or involved in an accident. It’s based on historical data and affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £932 for insurance for a Suzuki SX4 1.6 DDiS 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £781. That’s an extra £151 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay in London compared to Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are historically the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,683 for the Suzuki SX4 1.6 SZ3 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £882. That’s £801 more per year that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history, including no-claim discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
How can I save on my Suzuki SX4 premium?
Car insurance can be costly, but there are ways to make it more affordable. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). A lower annual mileage means a lower of risk of making a claim, in the eyes of insurers anyway. So, if you can occasionally walk or use public transport, rather than using your car, you can expect to be offered a lower premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes your car safer and reduces the risk of you making a claim on your policy. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t settle for your renewal quote. Use price comparison websites to find a better deal by switching to a competitor each year.
This vehicle is affordable to insure, for a small SUV anyway, but our tips will help you keep costs even lower.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Low emission car insurance
We explain how low emission cars could affect insurance and other costs, plus how to keep your insurance premium low.
Cat N insurance
Read our guide to find out how to find insurance for your cat N write-off, average cost and whether or not you can keep your category N car.
Self-employed car insurance
What you need to consider when taking out car insurance if you’re self-employed, and whether you can claim car insurance as a business expense.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Genesis G80 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G80 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis G70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis G70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis GV70 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis GV70 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Genesis GV80 insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Gensis GV80 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Dodge Avenger insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Dodge Avenger and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Dodge Nitro insurance group
Find out how much it may cost you to insure a Dodge Nitro and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert