Suzuki Splash insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Suzuki Splash based on your age and location.
The Suzuki Splash is a small city car with excellent fuel economy. It’s a great ride, especially for the price of the vehicle. This guide explains how much it costs to insure based on the specific model version and factors related to the driver.
What insurance group does the Suzuki Splash fall under?
All cars are assigned a specific insurance group before they are made available to buy. These groups range from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps insurers determine the cost of your premium. Suzuki Splash models range from insurance group 7 to 11, meaning this car will be cheaper than average to insure.
The costs will vary slightly depending on your chosen Suzuki Splash model and what group it appears in. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £688 for cover on a Suzuki Splash 1.0 SZ2 5d that is in insurance group 7 or around £731 for a Suzuki Splash 1.3 DDiS 5d that is in insurance group 11. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Suzuki Splash insurance cost by location
There are a broad range of factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To illustrate this fact, we have pulled together some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Suzuki Splash 1.2 GLS + 5d Auto.
- Expensive: £865 (London SE1)
- Average: £731 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £532 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Suzuki Splash insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, here are some other factors that affect your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, cars with bigger engines cost most to insure. For example, it may cost £823 for insurance for a Suzuki Splash 1.0 SZ3 5d, while you may pay £865 for a Suzuki Splash 1.3 DDiS 5d.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your location to determine the risk of your car being stolen or involved in an accident. If you live in an area where motorists are more likely to make a claim, you’ll pay more for your car insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £865 for insurance for a Suzuki Splash 1.2 SZ4 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £731.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers are the most likely to claim on their car insurance, and that’s why they are charged more. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,505 for the Suzuki Splash 1.2 SZ4 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £788. As you can see, in this example, the 20-year-old would have to pay almost double to insure this vehicle.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your car’s safety rating score and security features
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car usage
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Suzuki Splash premiums?
When searching for car insurance, you’ll want to find a price that’s within your budget. There are plenty of actions you can take to try to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of them below.
- Limit your annual mileage. Occasionally deciding to take public transport or walk, rather than using your vehicle, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. While it might be intimidating to part with a large sum of money in one go, you’ll usually save money by paying an annual premium. This is because most insurers charge interest on monthly premium payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you can make your car, the less of a risk you’ll be perceived as by insurers. That’s why you’re likely to lower your premium by installing extra safety measures.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given by your existing insurer. There may be cheaper options out there.
There’s a lot to like about the Suzuki Splash, including the cost of insurance. The tips in this guide will help you to see how much you’re likely to pay, plus how to save on your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Admiral car insurance review
Compare and review all the policies on offer from Admiral car insurance and see if it provides cover that suits you.
How we score car insurance
How we rate car insurance and find our top picks. Our detailed methodology for policy analysis and customer satisfaction.
Methodology for insurance and breakdown cover ratings
You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our insurance companies reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
Pay as you go car insurance
If you only drive occasionally but want ongoing cover, pay-as-you-go car insurance is worth considering. Find out how it works and compare your options.
Tyre and alloy wheel insurance comparison
Find out whether you need a specialist tyre and wheel insurance policy and what it will cover.
Car insurance for used cars
Do you own a used car? Read our guide to find out what type of policy you’ll need and compare deals now.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
Temporary car insurance for students
Are you a student looking for cheap car insurance? Read our guide and learn how temporary car insurance could help save you money.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.