Renault Scenic insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Renault Scenic based on your age and location.
The Renault Scenic is a mid-size multi-purpose vehicle, although it’s one of the bigger bulkier vehicles in this category. In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about insuring a Renault Scenic.
Why choose a Renault Scenic?
The Renault Scenic boasts the size and prowess of an SUV, without as much of the market price and fuel consumption of these vehicles. A great halfway for the budget conscious motorist who wants a larger vehicle.
What insurance group does the Renault Scenic fall under?
Renault Scenic car models fall within car insurance groups 11-26, which means the cost of your premium should usually be somewhat cheaper than other makes and models.
The costs may vary between different Renault Scenic insurance groups, due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £731 for cover on a Renault Scenic 1.5 dCi Extreme 5d (insurance group 11), or around £841 for a Renault scenic 1.6 dCi Limited Nav 5d that is in insurance group 23. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Renault Scenic model, and compare how much it’s likely to cost to insure it.
Renault Scenic insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Renault Scenic insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, your location will also play a significant role when it comes to the price of your insurance.
Here are some examples of quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Renault Scenic City 1.9 dCi Expression 5d.
- Expensive: £972 (London SE1)
- Average: £816 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £615 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Renault Scenic insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you’ll pay to insure the vehicle. For example, it may cost £865 to insure a Renault Scenic 1.5 dCi Extreme 5d, while you may pay £948 for a Renault Scenic 2.0 Expression 5d CVT. In this specific example, it costs an extra £83 to insure a vehicle with an engine 0.5 litres bigger.
- Driver location. You’ll pay more if you live in a location where drivers are more likely to make a claim. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £932 for insurance for a Renault scenic 1.6 VVT Bizu 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £781. That’s more than £150 per year to insure a Renault Scenic just because of where you choose to live.
- Driver age. Younger drivers tend to make more claims, and this is why they are likely to pay more for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,648 for the Renault scenic 1.6 VVT I-Music 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £863. In this example, the younger driver has to pay more than double to insure at Renault Scenic. This is a reality that 20-year-old drivers will typically face no matter what car they are driving.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The age and model of your car
- Your car’s security features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claims discount
How can I save on my Renault scenic premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). If you can reduce your annual mileage, you’ll be deemed less of a risk and usually be rewarded with a lower premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. You’ll pay less in one lump sum, as many insurers charge interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is deemed to be, the less you’ll have to pay to insure it!
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert