Peugeot 407 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Peugeot 407 based on your age and location.
The Peugeot 407 arrived on our roads in 2003. It comes in saloon, coupé and estate models. It was released as a replacement to the Peugeot 406 and, in turn, was replaced by the Peugeot 508 in 2011. The 407 is available with both petrol and diesel engines and is recognisable by its large front grille.
What insurance group does the Peugeot 407 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. Peugeot 407 models range from insurance group 17 to 24, meaning they’re not the most expensive, but also not the cheapest cars to insure. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £807 for cover on a Peugeot 407 1.8 S 4d that is in insurance group 18 or around £902 for a Peugeot 407 2.7 V6 HDi GT Multimedia 4d Tip Auto that is in insurance group 34. This clearly shows the impact on premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Peugeot 407 insurance cost by location
Among the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest is your location.
To show the impact of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Peugeot 407 2.0 Sport Bioflex 4d.
- Expensive: £986 (London SE1)
- Average: £854 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £659 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Peugeot 407 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are many other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £968 for insurance for a Peugeot 407 1.8 S 4d, while you may pay £1,050 for a Peugeot 407 2.2 Executive 4d. So, that’s an extra £15 per year you’ll pay for the Long Range engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,074 for insurance for a Peugeot 407 2.7 V6 HDi GT 4d Tip Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £902. That’s an extra £83 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay in London compared to Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,826 for the Peugeot 407 2.2 Executive 4d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £956. That’s £1,023 more per year that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claim discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Peugeot 407 premium?
Car insurance can be expensive, but you don’t need to let it break the bank. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can occasionally walk or use public transport, rather than using your car, this can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes your car safer and reduces the risk of you making a claim on your premium. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a competitor each year.
Facts about the Peugeot 407
– The most economical Peugeot 407 petrol engine model is the Peugeot 407 1.8-16V, which uses 7.7 litres per 62 miles.
– A commercial for the Peugeot 407 won 20 international awards.
– The Peugeot company originally started out as a coffee mill in 1810.
The Peugeot 407 is a sturdy family car. Its insurance is quite middle of the road on the expense scale, but by shopping around, limiting your mileage and paying annually, you could easily secure a good deal that works for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG TF insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG TF falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert