Peugeot 2008 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for a Peugeot 2008 based on the specific model version and personal factors related to the driver.
What's in this guide?
What insurance group does a Peugeot 2008 fall under?
Car insurance groups range from 1 (cheapest) up to 50 (most expensive). Peugeot 2008 car models fall within car insurance groups 8-24, which means the cost of your premium should fall on the cheaper side in comparison to other makes and models.
However, the costs may vary slightly between Peugeot 2008 insurance groups due to differences between models such as the trim levels and engine size. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £700 for cover on a Peugeot 2008 Active 1.2 PureTech 82 ECG auto (05/16 on) 5d, or around £812 for a Peugeot 2008 1.6 VTi Feline 5d.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Peugeot 2008 model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Peugeot 2008 insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Average Peugeot 2008 insurance cost in the UK
To give you an idea of how much it would cost to insure your Peugeot 2008, we ran several quotes to obtain an average figure. Our results estimated that you could, on average, insure your Peugeot 2008 with comprehensive cover for monthly payments of £76.53 or an annual sum of £899.40.
Peugeot 2008 insurance cost by location
There is a multitude of factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance premium, with your location being one of the biggest factors.
To show the extent at which location plays a role in your premium, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Peugeot 2008 1.6 e-HDi (115bhp) Crossway 5d.
- Expensive: £972 (London SE1)
- Average: £816 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £615 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect the insurance rate for my Peugeot 2008?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, if your car model has a big engine, you are likely to pay more for your car insurance in comparison to a small engine model. The Peugeot 2008 comes in varying performance specs, ranging from the 1.2-litre version up to the the 1.6-litre. This 0.4 difference can impact your insurance premium. For example, you would pay around £846 for insurance on a Peugeot 2008 1.2 e-VTi Active 5d EGC, while you could pay up to £972 for a Peugeot 2008 1.6 BlueHDi (120bhp) Allure 5d. In this specific example, the Peugeot 2008 that is 0.4 litres bigger in engine size, costs an extra £126 in premium.
- Driver location. Insurers will also look into where you currently live and look at the number of claims in the area and the likelihood of theft. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £971 for insurance for a Peugeot 2008 1.6 VTi Feline 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £812.
- Driver age. Like location, the age of the driver is also looked into by the insurer when giving you your insurance premium. This is because statistically younger drivers are more likely to be involved in car accidents. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,689 for the Peugeot 2008 1.6 VTi Active 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £885.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premium. These include:
- Your marital status
- Your employment
- Your anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- Your car’s age
- Your driving history
- No claim discount
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Jeep Renegade insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Jeep Renegade falls under, how much it might cost to insure one and how to save on your car insurance.
Mitsubishi Colt insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Mitsubishi Colt falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Celica insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to inure a Toyota Celica based on the specific model version.
Renault Zoe insurance group and cost
Find out the the average cost of car insurance for various different Renault Zoe models.
Suzuki Vitara insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Vitara falls under and the average cost of car insurance.
Toyota Avensis insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Avensis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Fusion insurance group and cost
Find out how much it costs to insure a Ford Fusion based on the model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Volvo XC60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo XC60 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Nissan 350z insurance group
Find out how much it might cost to insure your Nissan 350Z based on the driver’s age and their location.
Nissan Almera insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Nissan Almera based on your age and location.
Ask an Expert