Compare money transfer providers to find out what your options are when transferring funds to Thailand.
In the table below, enter the amount you want to transfer, and pick the provider that best fits your needs. Our tables compare transfer speed, fees, rates and more.
How much do you need to transfer?
Transfer money to Thailand with Azimo
Want to send up to £10,000 to Thailand?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts below £10,000.
Want to send over £10,000 to Thailand?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts over £10,000.
How to send money to Thailand
While the transfer process varies between providers, the first thing you will usually have to do is sign up for an account. This can be done by providing a few basic details including your name and address, your contact details and an acceptable form of photo ID. After picking your payment method (bank account, credit card or debit card) you will be able to send your funds. Once your transfer has been placed, you will typically be given a receipt or a reference number that you can use to check on the status of your transaction.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Thailand?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Thailand on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.