Peugeot 206 insurance group & costs
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Peugeot 206, and how you can keep your premiums down.
The Peugeot 206 was first launched in 1998, and has since stopped production. It replaced the 205 and has since been succeeded by the 207. The 206 is a familiar sight on the UK roads due to its popularity with younger drivers, and is favoured as a first car for new drivers. It is considered a top recommendation for bargain hunters.
Keep reading to find out more about Peugeot 206 car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Peugeot 206 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to working out the cost of your car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. Peugeot 206 models range from insurance groups 7 to 25, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £688 for cover on a Peugeot 206 1.1 XL 5d, or around £800 for a Peugeot 206 1.6 Quiksilver 5d.
Use the table below to find out the insurance group and likely cost of your Peugeot 206 model.
Peugeot 206 insurance cost by driver’s age
Average Peugeot 206 insurance rates
To provide you with an indication about how much it could cost you to insure your Peugeot 206, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Peugeot 206 with a comprehensive policy for monthly payments of £57.11, or an annual sum of £630.80. For our enquiries, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2009 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory fitted Thatcham approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Peugeot 206 insurance rate?
Whilst it is always important to be accurate with the information that you give your insurance provider, there are a number of factors that are likely to impact your premiums. These factors include:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your car usage
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Peugeot 206 premiums?
Car insurance premiums are known to cause a bit of a financial headache among drivers, but don’t panic, we’ve collated a list of advice for you to try that may help you to lower your premiums, and keep them there:
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £54.52 a year!
- Make yourself a secure investment. Maintaining a clear history of no claims and a good credit rating will make you appeal to insurance companies, and they may reward you with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. By being sparing about your car usage, you can save money on your premiums by keeping your mileage low.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you shop around rather than just accepting your renewal quote.
- Install extra safety precautions. Companies don’t like to insure risks, so the safer your car is, the lower your premium may be. By investing in extra safety measures, you may in turn save money.
- Avoid driving convictions. Any conviction will increase your premiums, so try your best to avoid them.
Peugeot 206 facts
- The Peugeot 206 comes in a variation of models. It was initially launched as a hatchback, but now comes in the form of a coupe cabriolet, a station wagon and a sedan version.
- It was voted the UK’s 9th favourite car in 2017.
- The Peugeot 206 was the 10th most popular second-hand car sold in the UK in 2016. It reached around 126,000 sales.
The Peugeot 206 can be cheap to insure, although more powerful models can become somewhat pricey to insure. Either way, the tips in this guide will help you to insure this vehicle.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance admin charges
We explain what car insurance admin charges exist, when you might need to pay them and how to keep them to a minimum.
Admiral car insurance review
Compare and review all the policies on offer from Admiral car insurance and see if it provides cover that suits you.
How we score car insurance
How we rate car insurance and find our top picks. Our detailed methodology for policy analysis and customer satisfaction.
Methodology for insurance and breakdown cover ratings
You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our insurance companies reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
Car insurance claims
How to make a successful car insurance claim and get repairs covered fast.
Choice of repairer in car insurance
We explain whether you should go to a repairer approved by your car insurance provider, or your own repair shop.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
Direct Line car insurance review
Compare Direct Line’s car insurance options with our analysis and review. Find out what’s covered and how to make a claim.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.