Bank of Scotland offers business bank accounts across the UK. In this guide, you’ll discover what’s available with Bank of Scotland business accounts and how these accounts compare to the rest of the market.
Compare Bank of Scotland’s business bank accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What is Bank of Scotland business banking?
Bank of Scotland offers a range of business banking options for small, medium and large businesses, including business and treasurers’ accounts, mobile and Internet banking, and international banking resources.
Both new and existing businesses can apply for a Bank of Scotland business current account, with smaller businesses also receiving free day-to-day banking services for a limited time when they switch their account to Bank of Scotland.
How does Bank of Scotland business banking work?
Bank of Scotland provides different banking account options to businesses depending on their annual turnover:
|Size of business (turnover)||Free day-to-day banking||Dedicated support|
*For new businesses only
Bank of Scotland business banking features
- New current account. Bank of Scotland offers up to 12 months of free day-to-day banking for new businesses that switch their account across.
- Easy switching. Bank of Scotland guarantees to have your account switched within seven working days.
- Mobile and online banking. You can access and manage your business bank account for free via app or computer.
- Business guides and resources. Businesses can access a resource centre that offers guidance on starting and managing a business, paying taxes and preventing fraud as well as industry expertise.
- International trade portal. Bank of Scotland business customers can access the portal for free.
- Optional business insurance. You can also apply for business insurance through the broker Arthur J Gallagher and receive a two year fixed premium with certain insurers.
Bank of Scotland international business banking
As well as regular business banking accounts, Bank of Scotland also offers international banking services for businesses looking to trade overseas. This includes making international payments and opening commercial foreign currency accounts as well as importing and exporting.
Existing Bank of Scotland customers can also access its International Trade Portal for free, which provides guidance and education on managing an international business. Non-customers can also start a free 90-day trial.
Bank of Scotland business banking contact details
Existing customers: 0345 300 0268
New customers: 0345 606 0286
Large businesses (£25m+ turnover): 0345 604 8129
Business internet banking number: 0345 300 2924
Commercial banking online: 0808 202 1390
Pros and cons of Bank of Scotland business banking
- Range of business banking options on offer.
- Account switching service available.
- Free banking period for new customers.
- Resource centre for business account holders.
- Monthly account charges and other transaction fees.
- Branch network mainly limited to Scotland.
There are a number of business banking options available with the Bank of Scotland, depending on your business size, and users can also benefit from a dedicated resource hub. The bank offers an account switching service and free banking periods for new customers, but be mindful that monthly fees and transaction charges will apply after that period ends. You can manage your account online and through a mobile app, but if you think you’ll want to visit a branch in person, remember the network is mostly based in Scotland.
Get started by visiting Bank of Scotland’s website and sign up for an account. If you have read this review and decided that Bank of Scotland’s account is not for you, you can also compare other business bank accounts on the market.
Business banking ratings
Learn the details of our methodology and scoring.
More guides on Finder
Santander Select current account review
Learn more about the Santander Select current account to see if it’s right for you.
Virgin Money M Plus current account review
Discover what the Virgin Money M Plus current account has to offer in our review.
Monzo review: Is it worth it?
Is Monzo’s app-only current account the right option for you? Read our review to get the low-down on all of the features of the account, its card and the app.
Halifax Reward current account review
Discover what the Halifax Reward current account has to offer to see if it’s right for you.
Yorkshire Bank Private Current Account review
Learn about private banking with Yorkshire Bank to see if it’s right for you.
Club Lloyds current account review
Discover what the Club Lloyds current account has to offer in our review.
TSB Spend & Save Plus current account review
Discover what the TSB Spend & Save Plus current account has to offer in our review.
RBS Premier Select current account review
Discover whether the RBS Premier Select current account is right for you.
NatWest Premier Select bank account review
Discover whether the NatWest Premier Select current account is right for you.
Metro Bank Private Bank Account review
Learn about private banking with Metro Bank to see if it’s right for you.
Ask an Expert