How do we rate business bank accounts?
There is an increasing number of business bank accounts out there on the market in the UK – here's how we decide our top picks.
What factors do we take into account to compare business bank accounts?
To come up with our expert summaries and top picks, we assess products across several key areas:
- Fees. This is measured in relation to similar accounts on the market. Some business bank accounts are free (or offer a basic free version), while others have a flat monthly fee. Some business account providers offer a tiered pricing plan, where your fee increases with the amount of functionality and transactions you have available on your account. We also consider any charges for things like international spending or ATM withdrawals.
- Customer service. This is also measured in relation to similar accounts on the market. We base this on our own experts’ use of the product, user feedback, press reports, customer reviews and forum discussions.
- App rating. Where the business bank account comes with a mobile app, we look at the app’s rating in the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Range of features. Some business bank accounts and their associated mobile apps offer a limited number of features, while others offer a much wider range, such as expense tracking, budgeting tools or invoice creation.
- Integrations. The integration of other technology platforms, such as accounting and reporting software, is of particular interest to business bank account holders, so we look at what’s available on that front too.
- Account opening and other services. We consider how quick and easy it is to open an account (particularly online or through a mobile app). We also weigh up what other services you’ll get with the account, such as a credit card, cashback rewards for your spending, or the ability to take card payments from your own customers.
How do we choose our “best” business bank accounts?
Our top picks are displayed across our business banking content and feature four of our favourite business bank accounts.
The providers are chosen from among our partners, using the methodology above to identify the business banking accounts with the strongest offering in a particular area.
The four areas that we’re currently selecting top picks for are:
- Best for small businesses
- Best for invoicing
- Best for beginners
- Best for cashback
More guides on Finder
How do we rate stocks and shares ISAs?
We’ve rated stocks and shares ISAs to find the best one for different categories. Find out the categories we scored them on and how it works.
Compare the best business bank accounts for ecommerce
Discover how opening a business bank account could benefit your e-commerce business.
Virgin Money M Plus current account review
Discover what the Virgin Money M Plus current account has to offer in our review.
Monzo review: Is it worth it?
Is Monzo’s app-only current account the right option for you? Read our review to get the low-down on all of the features of the account, its card and the app.
Best shares to buy now
View our list of the top 10 trending stocks today, and read our guide to choosing the best stocks.
TSB Spend & Save Plus current account review
Discover what the TSB Spend & Save Plus current account has to offer in our review.
NatWest Premier Select bank account review
Discover whether the NatWest Premier Select current account is right for you.
Metro Bank Private Bank Account review
Learn about private banking with Metro Bank to see if it’s right for you.
Citibank Citigold current account review
If you’re a keen traveller, find out whether the Citibank Citigold account is right for you.
How to get free stocks and shares in the UK
Find out which platforms are offering free stocks and shares for new customers in the UK.
Ask an Expert