How do we rate business bank accounts?
There is an increasing number of business bank accounts out there on the market in the UK – here's how we decide our top picks.
What factors do we take into account to compare business bank accounts?
To come up with our expert summaries and top picks, we assess products across several key areas:
- Fees. This is measured in relation to similar accounts on the market. Some business bank accounts are free (or offer a basic free version), while others have a flat monthly fee. Some business account providers offer a tiered pricing plan, where your fee increases with the amount of functionality and transactions you have available on your account. We also consider any charges for things like international spending or ATM withdrawals.
- Customer service. This is also measured in relation to similar accounts on the market. We base this on our own experts’ use of the product, user feedback, press reports, customer reviews and forum discussions.
- App rating. Where the business bank account comes with a mobile app, we look at the app’s rating in the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Range of features. Some business bank accounts and their associated mobile apps offer a limited number of features, while others offer a much wider range, such as expense tracking, budgeting tools or invoice creation.
- Integrations. The integration of other technology platforms, such as accounting and reporting software, is of particular interest to business bank account holders, so we look at what’s available on that front too.
- Account opening and other services. We consider how quick and easy it is to open an account (particularly online or through a mobile app). We also weigh up what other services you’ll get with the account, such as a credit card, cashback rewards for your spending, or the ability to take card payments from your own customers.
How do we choose our “best” business bank accounts?
Our top picks are displayed across our business banking content and feature four of our favourite business bank accounts.
The providers are chosen from among our partners, using the methodology above to identify the business banking accounts with the strongest offering in a particular area.
The four areas that we’re currently selecting top picks for are:
- Best for small businesses
- Best for invoicing
- Best for beginners
- Best for cashback
More guides on Finder
Compare business bank accounts
Discover what business bank accounts offer and how to compare them to find the best account for you.
How we rate budgeting apps
This is how we come up with the star ratings and “best for” picks that you see for budgeting apps and their features.
Compare joint business bank accounts
Discover how a joint business bank account works and why you might want to open one.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2021
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
How to buy Bitcoin
Want to buy Bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the UK.
How many bank accounts do I need?
It’s common to have a few different bank accounts that each have a different purpose. Here’s how you may benefit from having multiple bank accounts and the traps to avoid.
Tide vs Monzo business: Which is the best business account?
Discover the key differences between the Tide and Monzo business bank accounts and which might suit you better.
Tide vs Revolut business: Which is the best business account?
Learn more about the key differences between the Tide and Revolut business bank accounts and which is likely to suit you better.
Mettle vs Starling business: Which offers the best business bank account
Discover key the differences between Mettle and Starling business bank accounts and what is likely to be best for you.
Best business banking apps for small business owners
Discover our list of the best business banking apps and how to find the best app for you.
Ask an Expert