JM Bullion review
Texas-based JM Bullion has a variety of precious metals in its catalog and offers live pricing and no commissions. But if you’re looking to pick up some numismatic coins, look elsewhere.
- Consider this provider if you’re seeking a reputable, well-reviewed bullion seller.
- Look elsewhere if you want to purchase numismatic coins or foreign currency.
What does JM Bullion sell?
This precious metals provider specializes in selling and purchasing of physical bullion, including:
- Gold. Purchase American Eagles, Canadian Maples and European Gold Bullion, as well as gold bars in a variety of weights.
- Silver. Browse silver coins, rounds, statues, bullets and bars.
- Platinum. Includes platinum coins and a variety of bars.
- Copper. Rounds, bullets, wheat pennies and 1-ounce bars are available.
- Palladium. Selection includes American Eagles, Canadian Maples, 1-ounce Credit Suisse bars and 1-gram PAMP Suisse Fortuna bars.
How does buying from JM Bullion work?
JM Bullion categorizes its bullion offerings in tabs that line the top of its homepage. Here’s how to make a purchase:
- Find the product you’d like to buy and add it to your cart.
- Select the quantity you’d like to purchase.
- Continue to the checkout page.
- Enter your payment information.
- Select your preferred shipping method.
New customers need to enter their contact and shipping information to complete the checkout process.
Does JM Bullion accept returns?
Yes, JM Bullion accepts return or exchange items within five business days of delivery, and some returns require photos of the product. Contact customer service by phone, email or live chat to request a return.
Once the JM Bullion team authorizes your return, mail the product back to JM Bullion. You’re responsible for all shipping charges and may be responsible for market losses. This means JM Bullion offers a buyback price based on the current spot price — not the price you paid. So if the market has gone down, you stand to lose money in the return process.
What payment methods can I use?
While JM Bullion supports a variety of payments, each one comes with its own set of purchasing parameters:
- ACH transfer. Pay for orders up to $25,000, and get a 4% discount over credit card and PayPal purchases.
- Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum are accepted for purchases of up to $150,000 with a 3% discount over credit card and PayPal purchases.
- Check. Paper checks are accepted for orders of up to $50,000 and receive a 4% discount over credit card and PayPal purchases.
- Credit or debit card. Pay for orders up to $5,000 with Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Discover card.
- PayPal. Pay with PayPal with orders up to $10,000.
- Wire transfer. Use a transfer for orders between $2,500 and $250,000 and receive a 4% discount over credit card and PayPal purchases.
JM Bullion uses USPS or UPS to ship its products, and includes shipping and insurance costs for orders $99 or higher. Orders less than $99 could cost $3.99, or more if you upgrade your shipping options at checkout.
Track your orders from your account a day after your payment clears. Orders more than $1,000 need a signature on delivery, but you can opt into a required signature on delivery at checkout for a purchase of any amount.
Typically, shipments go out two to four days after your payment clears — and the amount of time that takes depends on the payment method you choose.
|3–5 business days
|3–5 business days from the date on which they are marked paid
|Credit or debit card
How does selling to JM Bullion work?
JM Bullion doesn’t buy any precious metals for less than $1,000. Here’s what to expect of the selling process:
- Visit JM Bullion’s website to review its buyback prices.
- Call 844-258-2538 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT to finalize a sale.
- Check your email inbox for mailing instructions and an insured shipping label from JM Bullion.
- Ship your package to:
11700 Preston Road Suite 660153
Dallas, Texas 75230
- Once your package is received and inspected, your payment is issued by check, ACH transfer or wire transfer within one to three business days.
How do JM Bullion’s prices compare to competitors?
According to our research, JM Bullion’s prices are on par with competitors. And, JM Bullion doesn’t charge any additional commission or service fees.
When we checked on July 14, 2021, JM Bullion advertised purchase prices on a one-ounce uncirculated American Gold Eagle coin at $2,027.84 — more than Money Metal’s price of $1,998.20, also more than Golden Eagle’s price of $2,026.70.
On July 14, 2021, JM Bullion advertised purchase prices on a one-ounce uncirculated American Gold Eagle coin at $1,917.18 — offering more than Golden Eagle, also more than what Money Metals is willing to pay.
Is JM Bullion safe?
JM Bullion was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. It’s an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), from which it receives an A+ rating. There are no registered complaints about JM Bullion in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s database.
How does JM Bullion keep my money safe?
JM Bullion uses 256-bit SSL encryption, certified by DigiCert. Sensitive banking data is processed by JM Bullion’s PCI-compliant payment gateway, CyberSource.
Outgoing orders are insured for their full value and are shipped in discreet packaging. Tracking information is provided for all packages.
JM Bullion reviews and complaints
JM Bullion feedback is largely positive — with the exception of a lukewarm Trustpilot reputation. As of July 2021, the company earns an A+ from the BBB and maintains a 4.7- out of 5-star rating based on the feedback of 1,044 customers. On Facebook, JM Bullion is rated 4.5 out 5 based on the opinions of 1,185 people.
The outlier in JM Bullion’s glowing online reputation is its Trustpilot profile. The company receives a TrustScore of 3.4 out of 5 — although this score is based on the feedback of just 342 customers, which is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of customers who weighed in on Facebook and the BBB.
Customers say that JM Bullion orders are promptly executed and well-packaged. But the company’s unresponsive customer service is a common complaint.
Pros and cons
- No commissions. You won’t encounter any commissions or service fees when purchasing from this provider.
- Military discount. JM Bullion offers discounts typically reserved for bulk orders to military members regardless of order quantity.
- Storage options. Need a place to safely store your precious metals? JM Bullion partners with TDS Vaults, and can deliver your bullion purchase directly to your vault account.
- Live pricing. Market prices are updated in real time on JM Bullion’s homepage.
- Positive reputation. Its TrustScore notwithstanding, JM Bullion customer feedback is largely positive.
- Limited support. Customer support is only available on weekdays during business hours.
- Limited products. Unlike some of its competitors, JM Bullion doesn’t offer access to currency, foreign notes or numismatic coins.
Storing your bullion with JM Bullion
JM Bullion offers bullion storage options through its partner, TDS Vaults. From JM Bullion’s website, you can fill out an application to open a TDS Vaults storage account. Storage locations are available in:
- Las Vegas, NV
- New York, NY
- Toronto, Canada
- Zurich, Switzerland
Once you select your vault location, you can have your JM Bullion order delivered directly to your vault account.
How do I contact JM Bullion support?
Reach JM Bullion customer service by:
- Phone. Call 800-276-6508 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.
- Email. Fill out a secure online form on JM Bullion’s website for an email response within 48 business hours.
JM Bullion offers access to a variety of physical bullions and payment methods. It holds a positive reputation, but customer support is limited. Those seeking numismatic coins need to look elsewhere.
If you’re looking to purchase precious metals, compare your options to diversify your portfolio and find a trading platform that fits your financial goals.
Compare JM Bullion to other platforms
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked