Earn more points on travel purchases and get flexible card services and complimentary insurance policies with the Citi Premier℠ Card.
The Citi Premier℠ Card is a new entry to the credit card market and comes with several features. The card offers 3x points on travel purchase and $0 annual fee for the first 12 months. There is no limit to the amount of points you can earn, and the points will not expire. You will be rewarded 2x ThankYou Points for each dollar spent on dining out and entertainment, and 1x point on all other purchases.
|Product Name||Citi Premier℠ Card|
|Annual Fee||$0 annual fee for the first year ($95 thereafter)|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||16.49% to 25.49% variable|
|Balance Transfer APR||16.49% to 25.49% variable|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 50,000 bonus points after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
Things to consider about the Citi Premier℠ Card
The Citi Premier℠ Card is suited for people who travel regularly. Points are redeemable for airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center.
You will not be charged foreign transaction fees when you use the card to shop for items outside the United States. The card also comes with an EMV chip feature to enable you use it overseas hassle-free.
Features of the Citi Premier℠ Card
- foreign transaction fee. Most credit cards will require you to pay 2-3% fees for purchases made internationally. With the Citi Premier℠ Card, however, you will not attract any such charges.
- Grace period for annual fee. You will not be required to pay an annual fee for the first 12 months. You will start paying an annual fee of $95 after the end of this grace period.
- Rewards program. You will pocket 3x points for each dollar spent on travel and gas, 2x points for each dollar spent on dining out and entertainment, and 1x point for each dollar used on shopping for all other items.
- Chip technology. You will enjoy enhanced security when using the card for making payments, so you can shop with peace of mind and confidence.
- Other features. Annual percentage rates vary from 16.49% to 25.49% variable based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers require a 3% fee.