Chase’s $0 p.a.-annual-fee cash back business card is one of the most popular for small businesses.
- Get this card if… you’re looking to earn cash back and pay no annual fee.
- Pick something else if…you need a card that offers better travel rewards.
- Good to excellent credit score of 690 or higher recommended.
|Product Name||Chase Ink Business Cash credit card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 12 billing cycles (with whichever is greater, $5 or 5% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 20.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 20.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.99% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 20 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
If you’re a new business needing to stock your office or make other big purchases, you’ll enjoy this card’s 0% APR for the first year and 5% cash back in select categories. As a signup bonus, you’ll earn $300 in cash when you spend $3,000 in the first three months. Add in a $0 p.a. annual fee, and you’ll find this card goes a long way for your small business.
- Bonus cash back. Chase gives you $300 cash back when you spend $3,000 in the first three months after opening your account.
- Earn cash back on spending. Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services every year. You’ll also get 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at restaurants and gas stations. All other purchases earn 1% cash back.
- Redeem cash back. Redeem your cash for a statement credit or as an electronic deposit into an eligible bank account. Other options include travel rewards and gift cards.
- Intro APR offer. Get a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles from account opening.
You’ll also like …
- No annual fees. Avoid the fees that come with similar cards.
- Free employee cards. Start earning cash back on your employees’ spending by requesting free additional cards.
- Extra security. This chip-enabled card offers increased safety with fraud alerts, purchase protection, extended warranty protection, travel and emergency assistance services, auto rental collision damage waiver and roadside dispatch.
What to watch out for
- Limited intro APR. Once the intro APR expires at the end of the first 12 billing cycles, you’ll pay interest on all outstanding balances from purchases and balance transfers.
- Multiple penalties and fees. You’ll pay for late or returned payments, cash advances and balance transfers.
Consider other cards if …
- You want more variety in your rewards. For specific airline rewards, cruise rewards, retail rewards, gas or hotel rewards, consider another card.
- You want a better points-to-spend ratio. You can earn 2x or 3x points on all purchases with some other cards.
What to know before you apply
Apply for the Chase Ink Business Cash Card if:
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
To apply for the Ink Business Cash credit card, you’ll need to provide your business and contact information, including:
- The name of your business, its mailing address and the number of employees.
- Your years in business and annual business revenue.
- Your tax identification number.
What credit score do I need?
A credit score of 690 or higher increases the chances of your application’s approval.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Chase Ink Business Cash credit card website, click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application by providing your personal, financial and business details.
3. Confirm that the information you’ve provided is correct and click Submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
If you apply online, you’ll typically learn your conditional approval in a matter of minutes.
I got the card. Now what?
- Avoid interest. Your due date comes at least 20 days after the end of each billing cycle. To avoid unnecessary interest, pay your full statement by the due date each month.
- Contact customer service. Get support at 877-242-7372, by sending a secure email through your account or on Twitter @ChaseSupport.
This no-annual-fee business card from Chase can work well for small businesses looking to earn cash back on office supplies, business services and more every year. But if your business spends more than $25,000 each year, you might want to look at other alternatives.