A card that lets you show your military pride while supporting a military affiliate group of your choice!
The USAA Military Affiliate Cards is a credit card for Americans who have, or are currently serving, in a branch of the US armed forces or in a veteran’s organization. This card allows you to earn points in exchange for several different rewards such as airline travel, cruise ship travel, merchandise, gift cards, cash or charitable contributions.
|Product Name||USAA Military Affiliate Cards|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||13.15% to 28.15% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR|
|Balance Transfer APR||13.15% to 28.15% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 months (then 13.15% to 28.15% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3%|
|Cash Advance Rate||13.15% to 28.15% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the cash advance amount|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 2,500 bonus points when you make your first purchase|
|Rewards||Earn 1x points on all purchases|
|Base Rewards||1x points|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
This card is an excellent option for building credit. For the first twelve months, a introductory APR is offered. You can choose between a Visa Signature Card or an American Express Card — this will earn you 2x points for purchase of gas and groceries.
Compare USAA credit cards
- No annual fee. As a cardholder, you do not have to worry about paying an annual fee.
- Benefits. Security, travel and retail benefits are included with the card, with access to concierge services for traveling.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- Variable rates. As low as 13.15% variable APR Annual Percentage Rate on purchases and cash advances.
- No penalty charged on APR. You won’t be penalized for making late or missed payments.
- Reward points. Redeem your points for airline travel, gift cards, cash, charitable contributions or tickets for a cruise.
You’ll also enjoy…
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 months. Special Offer: Intro APR for or balance transfers and convenience checks that post within the first 12 months. The 13.15% to 28.15% variable regular APR will apply.
- Earn points. 2,500 bonus points credited to your account with your first purchase; then earn 1x point for every dollar in purchases, with no cap or expiration date on points.
- Choose an affiliate. This card is available to members of the following organizations: Air Force (choose among 15 options), Army (15 options), Coast Guard (12 options), Marines (14 options), Navy (15 options), and Veterans’ Groups (17 options).
- Benefit the military affiliate of your choice. Once you’ve chosen your affiliate branch of the military, you’ll remind others of the service provided by the many branches of the US military, with each swipe of your card.
Compare no annual fee credit cards
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Secured Card, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income