Suzuki Jimny insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Suzuki Jimny based on your age and location.
Suzuki Jimny insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. Suzuki Jimny models range from insurance groups 13 to 15, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable and cheaper than models such as the Hyundai i30 or the Citroen C1.
However, insurance costs can vary between insurance groups based on a number of different factors including your car’s performance, safety features and cost of repair. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £756 for cover on a Suzuki Jimny 1.5 SZ4 AllGrip 3d (insurance group 13) or around £781 for a Suzuki Jimny 1.3 VVT SZ4 3d Auto that falls in insurance group 15. In this specific example, the insurance cost for a model that is two groups higher is an extra £25, which is likely down to the increase in engine size.
You can find the insurance group and likely car insurance cost of your Suzuki Jimny model in the table below.
Average Suzuki Jimny insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Suzuki Jimny, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Suzuki Jimny with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £63.24 or an annual sum of £686.21.
Suzuki Jimny insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Suzuki Jimny insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a few other factors that can affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Suzuki Jimny 1.5 SZ5 AllGrip 3d.
- Expensive: £913 (London SE1)
- Average: £768 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £558 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Suzuki Jimny insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you will pay for your car insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £756 for the 1.3-litre Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX 3d, but could pay around £781 for the 1.7-litre Suzuki Jimny 1.3 VVT SZ4 3d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £913 for insurance for a Suzuki Jimny 1.3 VVT SZ3 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £768. As you can expect with a city that is home to over eight million people, car crime in London is much higher than it is in Newcastle. The increase of £145 for the London postcode is representative of the greater risk attached to the location.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers – and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,588 for the Suzuki Jimny 1.3 VVT JLX Plus 3d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £832. In this example, a driver that is 40 years old will pay £756 less than a driver who is 20 years old.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claim discount
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 38
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 38 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 37
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 37 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver’s age and location.
Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Citroen C4 based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 33
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 33 and how much it might cost to insure them by driver age and location.
Car insurance group 35
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 36
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 36 and how much it might cost to insure them based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 34
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 34 and how much it might cost to insure them by drivers age and location.
Car insurance group 27
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 27 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 26
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 26 and how much it costs to insure them.
Ask an Expert