Smart Roadster insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Smart Roadster based on your age and location.
The Smart Roadster aims to be as fun to drive as a sports car, without the associated costs. Its lightweight, responsive handling and driving position make sure of that. In this guide, you’ll find out how much you could pay for insurance based on your age and location.
What insurance group does the Smart Roadster fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Smart Roadster models range from insurance groups 22 to 28, meaning you’re likely to pay near the average amount to insure this car. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £830 for cover on a Smart Roadster 80bhp 2d Auto RHD that is in insurance group 22 or around £902 for a Smart Roadster Brabus 2d Auto that is in insurance group 28. This clearly shows the impact of premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
|Model / Version||Group (1-50)||20yrs||30yrs||40yrs||50yrs||Get quote|
|80bhp 2d Auto RHD||22||£1,431||£830||£727||£587||Get Quote|
|(61bhp) 2d Auto (LHD)||23||£1,449||£841||£736||£594||Get Quote|
|(80bhp) 2d Auto (LHD)||23||£1,449||£841||£736||£594||Get Quote|
|Light 2d Auto||22||£1,431||£830||£727||£587||Get Quote|
|Speedsilver 2d Auto||22||£1,431||£830||£727||£587||Get Quote|
|Finale Edition 2d Auto||20||£1,407||£816||£715||£577||Get Quote|
|Bluewave 2d Auto||22||£1,431||£830||£727||£587||Get Quote|
|Brabus 2d Auto||28||£1,556||£902||£791||£638||Get Quote|
Smart Roadster insurance cost by location
Out of all the factors that have an effect on the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest is your location.
To show the power of your postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Smart Roadster Bluewave 2d Auto.
- Expensive: £974 (London SE1)
- Average: £830 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £636 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Smart Roadster insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are many other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. Cars with larger engines typically cost more to insure, because these engines cost more to repair or replace. To illustrate this fact, it may cost £972 for insurance for a Smart Roadster SFinale Edition 2d Auto, while you may pay £1,033 for a Smart Roadster Brabus 2d Auto. So, that’s an extra £61 per year for the vehicle with the larger engine.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your home address to determine the likelihood of your car being stolen or involved in an accident, based on previous data. This will affect the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £974 for insurance for a Smart Roadster Speedsilver 2d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £830. That’s an additional £144 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay to insure this vehicle in London.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will usually pay far more, because they are statistically the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,694 for the Smart Roadster Speedsilver 2d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £887. That’s almost double that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your driving history and activity
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety rating features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your no-claim discount
- Your annual mileage
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your occupation
How can I save on my Smart Roadster premium?
Car insurance can be expensive, especially for new drivers. However, there’s no need to let it break the bank. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). By walking or using public transport occasionally, rather than using your car, this can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. You may be charged interest on monthly payments, so pay in one annual lump sum if you can.
- Install extra safety precautions. Any installation that makes your car safer will inspire insurers to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal every year. Instead of blindly settling for the best deal, use a price comparison website to find the best deal from a competitor every year.
Facts about the Smart Roadster
- The Smart Roadster was first made available to buy in 2003.
- The other edition of the Smart Roadster is called the Roadster Coupe, which is backed by rear glass.
- This vehicle has its own website for enthusiasts.
It’s a unique vehicle, which people will other love or hate. By following these tips to reduce your insurance premiums, you’ll surely enjoy this car a lot more.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ARB).
Winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 announced
Now in their third year, these awards recognise the credit, loans, mortgage and BNPL providers displaying the best innovations in their field.
Winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 revealed!
The winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 have been announced, find out who won across seven categories here.
Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023
Find out the winners and highly commended brands in the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023. The best lending innovation in the UK!
How to buy Sui (SUI) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
How to buy Pepe (PEPE) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PEPE).
How to buy SSV Network in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SSV Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SSV).
How to buy USDD in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy USDD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (USDD).
How to buy Blur in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Blur, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (BLUR).
Ask an Expert