Skoda Citigo insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Skoda Citigo by age, engine size and location.
The Skoda Citigo is a small city car, which is cheap to buy, run and insure. It’s therefore a great choice for a young driver who is new to the road. In this guide, we will explore the key facts about insuring a Skoda Citigo.
Skoda Citigo insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Skoda Citigo car models fall within car insurance groups 1-4, which means the cost of your premium should fall on the cheaper side in comparison to other makes and models. However, the costs may vary slightly between different Skoda Citigo insurance group ratings due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £556 for cover on a Skoda Citigo 1.0 MPI SE 3d, or around £631 for a Skoda Citigo 1.0 MPI (75bhp) GreenTech SE L 5d.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Skoda Citigo model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Average Skoda Citigo insurance cost in the UK
To give you an idea of how much it would cost to insure your Skoda Citigo, we ran several quotes in order to obtain an average figure. Our results estimated that you could, on average, insure your Skoda Citigo with comprehensive cover for monthly payments of £50.17 or an annual sum of £553.28.
Skoda Citigo insurance cost by location
There’s a number of factors that affect the cost of your insurance premium, including your job and marital status. Also, factors such as where you live, how busy your location is and the likelihood of theft, all help determine the cost of your insurance rate.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Skoda Citigo SE 1.0 MPI 60PS ASG auto 3d.
- Expensive: £678 (London SE1)
- Average: £582 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £395 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect the insurance rate for my Skoda Citigo?
Along with your car’s insurance group, these three factors have the biggest impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. However, the Skoda Citigos are built with a 1-litre engine so the size of the engine shouldn’t be a factor for this particular make and model.
- Driver location. Insurers factor in the likelihood that your car will be stolen or involved in an accident when calculating your insurance, and your location has a big impact on this. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £715 for insurance for a Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo 1.0 MPI 60PS GreenTech 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £607.
- Driver age. Like location, the age of the driver plays a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance premium. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,178 for the Skoda Citigo 1.0 MPI Black Edition 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £617.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums. These include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating, security and anti-theft precautions
- Likelihood of theft
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving activity
- Your driving history
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Skoda Citigo premiums?
Depending on your individual circumstances, car insurance doesn’t always come cheap. If you add this to additional costs such as car tax, petrol, MOTs, servicing and maintenance, it can cost a lot to be on the road.
Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to reduce your car insurance premium for your Skoda Citigo, and we’ve listed them below:
- Avoid any driving convictions. It may sound obvious, but having convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive.
- Be economical about your car usage. You could save money on your insurance by being more sparing with your car usage. Opting for public transport or walking when you can will help keep your mileage, and premiums, lower.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save £48.76 on average a year!
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the better your premium will be. By investing in extra safety features, your vehicle will be more secure and less of a risk to insure.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you compare your options – you’ll be surprised at how much you could save by assessing your options.
Skoda Citigo facts and trivia
- The Skoda Citigo is a essentially a rebadged edition of the SEAT Mii and the Volkswagen Up! All three vehicles are manufactured in the same factory.
- The vehicle is produced in Slovakia and Brazil.
Skoda Citigos are a great city car and with most falling into an insurance group from 1 – 4, you should be able to find a good car insurance deal at a low price.
However, don’t forget that there are numerous factors that can affect your insurance premiums such as your age, your location, your driving history and the insurer you select.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert